- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mission Hill Main Streets (MHMS) is a volunteer-driven, community-based organization working to attract and enhance public and private investment in the commercial district and foster community spirit and collaboration in Mission Hill, one of Boston’s most vibrant and attractive neighborhoods. We are seeking a dynamic Executive Director with a strong work ethic, proven leadership and community-building skills, combined with effective communication, creativity and organization.
Reporting to the MHMS Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-term planning for MHMS, encouraging and facilitating business development in the neighborhood, fundraising, event planning, communications and more. The Executive Director is the only Full-Time paid employee and must be able to manage time and prioritize tasks. Some weekend and evening hours required on a regular basis.
· Develop and maintain relationships with all merchants, commercial property owners and neighborhood organizations in and around Mission Hill, as well as pertinent City departments, funders and other stakeholders
· Direct fundraising efforts with assistance from Board of Directors, including special events and grant writing
· Manage the office of MHMS including, but not limited to, fiscal management and accounting, database management, purchasing, preparing grant reports and record keeping
· Event planning and management of MHMS fundraising and community engagement events; develop, maintain and promote local calendar of events
· Education or 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: economics, public relations, community organizing, business and economic development, marketing, architecture/historic design, fundraising and special event planning, nonprofit management, business administration and/or volunteer management
· Energetic self-starter who is able to balance a variety of responsibilities and projects simultaneously while working independently
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to sensitively communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and diverse work environments, from small business owners to public officials, volunteers, media contacts and other stakeholders
· Strong administrative, planning and organizational skills, along with the ability to manage the work of others as required
Salary commensurate with experience
Mission Hill Main Streets
1542 Tremont StreetRoxbury Crossing, MA
Get fresh Main Street Bank jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.