Quality Assurance Technician - 1st & 3rd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the development and manufacturing of corn, flour, and tostada by ensuring products meet quality standards before they reach consumers.
To monitor and audit production processes to ensure that all products leaving the plant meet internal and external quality standards.
Essential Duties These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
· Become familiar with all manufacturing parameters and applicable TQ. work instructions.
· Read and interpret product specifications.
· Ensure that product is in compliance with specifications.
· Monitor production processes and product attributes and communicate any deviation from specifications.
· Perform laboratory analysis on raw materials and finished products as per work instructions.
· Place on “HOLD” non-conforming product, document status and communicate this information to the production supervisors and TQ. management.
· Perform secondary evaluations on all non-conforming product, document product status and communicate results to TQ. Manager.
· Monitor the production areas for Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
· Comply with good laboratory practices.
· Perform shelf-life test on finished products, record results and inform TQ. management of deviations.
· Assist in special projects and ensure that accurate data is collected and recorded.
· Responsible for compliance to the applicable requirements of ISO 9002 Standards.
· Complete reports accurately and neatly. Ensure that reports can be easily retrieved.
· Handle work equipment in a safe manner to prevent accidents and destruction of equipment.
· Maintain a constructive, collaborative relationship with other department employees and supervisors.
· Perform Lead duties in his/her absence.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Mission FoodsWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits. Opportunity for promotions within or your department or other departments. Career advancement.
Since 1977, Mission® has been creating fresh, authentic Mexican food products you can find in your local grocery store including Guerrero, Maseca and Calidad to name a few. Mission®, a subsidiary of Gruma Corporation, is the #1 tortilla company in the U.S. and manufactures a variety of authentic Mexican products. As we’ve grown, we’ve made sure to always put an emphasis on authentic flavors, while providing healthy options that families and friends can enjoy together.
14200 Arminta St. Panorama CityLos Angeles, CA