Maintenance Mechanic B
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**Days off are during the week, weekends are required**
Repairs, installs and performs preventive maintenance on all production equipment or as assigned to ensure that such equipment is in good operable condition at all times. Practices 5s and world class manufacturing principles.
- Trains less experienced employees as required.
- Complies and adheres to the preventive maintenance program and continuously improves program using 5s as a guide, which includes the following activities:
- Assist in the installation of programs and troubleshoots on the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Assist in the installation, operates, maintains, checks and troubleshoots all types of AC and DC electrical along with the mechanical equipment.
- Assist in the installation and repairs of electrical conduit, cables, piping and tubing, including all necessary connections, controls and grounding as directed.
- Conducts disassembling, repairing and reassembling of gear boxes, fans conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment as directed.
- Conducts work on oven combustion setup and safety devices by troubleshooting.
- Conducts work on hydraulic, compressed air systems and reading complex diagrams by troubleshooting on these systems.
- Prepares for 5s audits on a daily basis: reviewing tool boxes, company provided tools, spare parts room, and assigned areas in the maintenance shop. All tools should be ready for use at all times.
- Performs PM using MMS assigned equipment list.
- Troubleshoots and repairs food processing and industrial machinery.
- Use MMS to maintain parts inventory for plant by checking or returning parts from the spare parts room.
- Uses MMS for ordering parts or services.
- Performs all PM and repair working accordance with AIB and GMP principals.
- Possesses some knowledge of lubricants for all types of machines and performs necessary lubrication of production machinery as directed.
- Follows all 5s practices by cleaning personal and company tools, clean assigned work areas after each use or prior to the end of shift.
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard.
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- 4 years of Industrial Maintenance/Electrical experience required
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above”
- Knowledge of local, state and federal electric codes preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to Installs and repairs electrical conduit, cables, piping, and tubing, including all necessary connections, controls and grounding as directed
- Ability to Disassembles, repairs and reassembles gear boxes, fans conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment when directed related to electrical troubleshooting
- Possesses working knowledge of hydraulic, compressed air systems and be able to read complex diagrams and troubleshoot these systems
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
“Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications."
“Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please message or email us to let us know the nature of your request.”
5860 South Ash AvenueTempe, AZ
AutomotiveView all jobs at Mission Foods
Get fresh Mechanic B jobs daily straight to your inbox!