Grants and Compliance Accounting Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization, which, for over 48 years, has engaged individuals, families, and small businesses in community-building strategies. Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
About the Opportunity
The Grants and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring accurate, consistent, and timely accounting and compliance of the organization’s grants, including but not limited to, post-award grant accounting, budget modification as well as ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial and other related reports and grant regulations.
- Track, review, analyze and reconcile all grants related activities to all financials and other related reports as it comes to all federal, state, and local grants.
- Maintain information and documents in support of grant related revenues and expenditures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and other related regulations, statutes, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare invoices, JVs, and reports for public and private grants and contracts and ensure deadlines are met.
- Knowledge in temporary restricted asset management, revenue recognition, federal rules & grants management.
- Skilled in qualifying expenses to release revenues, processing actual invoicing to government agencies, expenses collections, payroll, allocating salaries, ensuring payment.
- Full-cycle accounts receivable, collections of grant funding data entry of receivables and revenues, with excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Experience in managing month-end/quarter-end compliance summary report to funders
- Collaborate with programs and the finance department to prepare reports for funders.
- Analyze various grantor revenue and expenditure reports and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance with budgeted projections and grant provisions.
- Manage grant cancellations, amendments, and payment adjustments.
- Support all departments with departmental grant budget projections.
- Prepare monthly payroll allocation entries in relation to grant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field; additional relevant training and/or experience may substitute for degree.
Core Competencies and Skill/ Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the Nonprofit sector, preferably Affordable Housing or CDFI; including general accounting, fund accounting and grants accounting experience.
- 3+ years of experience in budget development and grants management.
- Excellent verbal communication, active listening, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong team collaborator, is nimble & flexible, highly resourceful, able to wear many hats.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize multiple projects, keep processes moving forward in a timely manner, problem solve, and meet tight deadlines.
- Can resolve complex issues quickly and collaboratively with programs, finance, and operations.
- Skilled in budget development, and expense allocation to support proposals and grants.
- Knowledge of GAAP including reporting requirements and procedures related to Federal, State, and other related grants, cost accounting, A122 and A133 audit.
- Expertise of principles and practices of contract/grant administration and monitoring and budgeting.
- Ability to manage contracts, requirements, policies, and procedures relating to grants, applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare summary status reports.
- Experienced in Sage Intacct or similar ERP systems, and MS Office, Excel (pivot tables, vlook up)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint
- Utilized fund accounting software, preferably MIP, Sage 100, Intacct
- Proficient in other relevant technologies (e.g. Salesforce)
Mission Economic Development Agency.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Non ProfitView all jobs at Mission Economic Development Agency.