Field Engineering Specialist
We are a national Mission Critical Power Services company HQed in Nashville Tennessee. We are currently recruiting Regional Field Engineering Specialist that has experience working on backup power systems. Current Regions available are the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic areas.
When not working at a job site you will participate in sales support assistance, developing and updating procedures, processes and policies, directly affecting our continual improvement. Ability to perform standard preventative maintenance and routine testing on all manufacturers of 3 phase UPS systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair DC - battery backup systems
- 5 year minimum 3 phase UPS systems
- Superior customer relationship skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Discipline to fill-out reports and logs in a correct and timely manner
- Full knowledge of lockout and tag-out procedures is essential
Our benefit package includes:
- Holiday & Vacation Pay
- Medical & Dental Health Insurance
- Eligibility in the profit sharing bonus plan
- Salary is commensurate with experience level
- You will be provided with a company vehicle, laptop computer, mobile phone, and all necessary test equipment needed to accomplish superior results.
This is not just a job, this is a “get in on the ground floor” type opportunity to manage a Region that provides a progressive enriching career path. The right person with a positive, energetic personality will go far in our company. A technical degree or equivalent associate degree education background is preferred; and the experience requirement is mandatory.
A fully competent UPS Field Technician - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on power electronics at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area. Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing. When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Candidate will participate in the development if Methods of Procedures (MOPs) Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
• Preferably 3-5+ years experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU’s, STS, etc.
• Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work • Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills • Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
• Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
• Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
• Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
• Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures
• Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
• Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
• Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
• Previous 3rd Party UPS experience a plus
• UPS OEM factory training or experience in Liebert / Emerson , APC / MGE , or Eaton / Powerware , a MUST
• Technical degree a plus
Mission Critcal Services Inc
Why Work Here?The leadership of MCS has been in the mission critical industry for 50 years, having been on every side of engineering. They know this industry. All of MCS’s employees have been hired for the same reason. Quite simply, the MCS team has more knowledge about mission critical systems, operations, and maintenance than any other in the country. This isn’t coming from us: Our customers tell us this. The MCS team brings a broad range of experience to every customer. Most companies deal only with components of a system. We take a systems engineering approach that is unique in this industry. Additionally, we’re vendor neutral. We want to provide the right solution and the right service to achieve 100 percent reliability and 100 percent safety. For all of your mission critical needs, you need only deal with one entity: MCS.
Our customers tell us we are the leading technical, general services provider in the country in the mission critical market.