Mission Control Marketing is hiring a UX Visual Designer with experience in art direction. The ideal candidate must have great attention to detail, the ability to think holistically and comfort in giving creative direction. The ability to problem solve creatively, conceptually and collaboratively is a must.
We’re looking for an UX Visual Designer with a genuine interest in our multidisciplinary methodology, preferably with a strong background in graphic design and with specialized focus on brand development, content marketing, data visualization, message development, website design, and everything in between — and how these elements create comprehensive campaigns for our clients.
ANY GIVEN DAY MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Communication and relationship skills. We are a team, and we value the culture that we get to develop together. An important aspect of working at Mission Control Marketing is the shared commitment to being good people and having a good time together.
- Conceptual exploration. You should expect to think through challenges, problems, and questions.
- Collaboration. Collaboration and thoughtful ideation are essential to all of the work we deliver for our clients, and ourselves. The UX Designer will be working hand in hand with colleagues that have expertise in channel across the marketing spectrum.
- Design execution. Web. Collateral. Social. Branding. Presentation. Email. Video. And so on. We create communications vehicles that make the most sense in telling the story. You have a refined aesthetic, ability to use the necessary apps, and a curiosity to try. Don’t worry if it’s new to you — we’ll approach it together.
- Learning and professional growth. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities, both design-related and not. You should have a passion and desire for learning, problem-solving, and growing in a multidisciplinary journey.
- Writing. While not primarily a writing position, you should be able to articulate ideas in a clear, concise, and relevant manner in the context of communicating design ideas and rationale, responding to feedback (whether internal or from client), etc.
You should be comfortable establishing/pitching ideas to a client, and to your team from start to end.
IS MCM RIGHT FOR YOU?
We hire for culture-fit, so we’ve identified seven traits that make up our DNA:
- Give a sh*t.
- Cerebral approach.
- Agile mindset.
- Team before self; check your ego at the door.
- Trust. trust. trust.
- Results matter.
- Keen judgment.
Mission Control Marketing offers health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to its full-time employees, as well as:
- Four weeks of PTO.
- Full-time employees are eligible for a 4-week sabbatical every 3 years.
- 40 hours every year to devote to professional development.
- Regular company outings, including happy hours / dinners.
- Company book club.