HR & Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love creating collaborative, respectful, and fun environments? Are you a people-oriented person who loves to inspire and rally others towards a common vision? Do you love organizing people and creating functional and welcoming spaces? Are you service-oriented, deriving joy from helping your co-workers be the best they can be? Do you want to be connected to a diverse and passionate team that thrives on working towards social justice solutions?
We are seeking an HR & Operations Manager to maintain a culture of wellness, collaboration, and continued professional development even in a remote setting. The HROM would also facilitate the goal tracking process and help the team stay aligned to our organizational goals. The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, HR experience, exceptional communication skills, the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an aptitude to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.Our Story
MAF is a groundbreaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. We’re a recognized national leader in developing innovative and successful asset-building strategies and products that meet the fast-changing needs of our communities. A hybrid between a tech start-up and a nonprofit, MAF is a great place to work for both nonprofit or for-profit professionals who are interested in tech for social good and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The issues we are tackling are real and require dedication and urgency to be met head-on. At MAF, we work hard and care deeply about the clients we serve.
As the HR & Operations Manager, you will build strong relationships with the team members and become a safe confidential advocate for their personal and professional concerns, lead the talent acquisition effort including recruiting and managing outside resources, continue to build and execute resources for recruiting, onboarding, and employee success across all departments. The HR & Operations Manager will also assist in providing guidance and expertise regarding best practices and legal compliance as well as maintain records. As the HR & Operations Manager, you will also need to be hands-on for a wide variety of people, practices, and tools that bring to life our culture for every employee. Imagine, every day you will play a meaningful role in shaping our success and our future. You will work closely with and report to the COO.
Reports To: COO
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the organization, while being particularly mindful of and attentive to employee morale.
- Maintain and updates benefits documentation and communications.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding staff members.
- Review and updates operating practices and recommend and implement improvements where necessary.
- Coordinate and lead organization-wide events, e.g. townhalls, staff meetings, summer picnics, holiday parties, retreats, team-building activities, etc.
- Coordinate and track staff training and professional development (including conferences) opportunities and logistics.
- Coordinate and track travel logistics for the organization.
- Provide an inspiring and supportive work environment for colleagues.
- Help create a wellness culture among staff with an emphasis on health and the environment
- Act as primary contact and liaison between the office and building management as well as other outside vendors.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and gain an understanding of what is necessary for the role (soft skills, technical know-how, specific qualities, etc).
- Submit postings to our recruitment tracking platform, Recruiterbox, as well a various other job posting sites.
- Manage communications with candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Assist in screening applications as well as in phone screenings to help assess the candidate's ability to fill the role.
- Schedule phone screenings, in-person interviews, and other calls/meetings necessary throughout the process.
- Coordinate the hire’s first day, including HR training and documentation as well as helping them get situated with office policy and procedure.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and COO, including meeting, interview, and appointment coordination, travel logistics, expense reporting, filing, communication assistance, shipping, and research.
- Assist with Board meetings by coordinating, sending communications, scheduling, and preparing packets.
- Attend meetings and record minutes when necessary. Provide follow-up action items to respective team members.
- Manage systems for storing and retrieving official contracts and key organizational documents.
- Organize, implement and maintain central filing systems for various departments.
- Manage and execute special projects as needed.
- At least 5+ years of administrative, operations, and HR experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills
- Experience in office coordination and procedures
- Software skills and Internet research abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc), and including Mac and PC.
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and the aptitude to learn quickly, adapt, and have fun in a fast-paced work environment
- A high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Good sense of humor, healthy interpersonal skills, and a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated cultural competency when working with diverse members of the community
- The ability to jump in with both feet, hit the ground running, work independently, problem-solve effectively, and learn new skills along the way
- Integrity, credibility, and a personal connection to MAF’s mission and values
- Commitment to our values of respect, meeting people where they are, and building on what they have
- A burning passion for economic, social justice, and immigration-rights issues, and for the role that data can play in fueling social change
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- This is a full-time position with an anticipated annual salary range of $80,000-90,000. Salary will be dependent on experience.
- We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with this value.
- We provide 20 days of Paid Time Off (160 hours)/year accrued for the first two years of full-time employment, 13 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule.
- We provide generous medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending account, and AD&D insurance.
- We care about your financial future. We provide a matching 401K plan that is immediately 100% vested. We will match up to 6% of your compensation/year.
- Commuter benefits & flexible savings account: pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for expenses like healthcare or commuter expenses like parking, vanpool, public transit—including train, subway, bus, and ferry.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
- We will read your cover letter first; it’s important for us to understand whether this is the right fit for you. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job, what you like about MAF, and share examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate.
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in early October.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible - starting in October-November
Equal Opportunity Employment: Mission Asset Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mission Asset Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- No phone calls.
- Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Mission Asset Fund
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Mission Asset Fund