Strategic Sourcing Manager
Mishimoto is looking for an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our growing team. As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will play a key role in leading our sourcing strategies, which include building and sustaining relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and all other sourcing related activities to ensure the company can achieve its short and long-term sourcing goals.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify potential suppliers internationally and domestically.
- Create, execute, and maintain a strategic sourcing strategy that achieves corporate objectives, such as risk-diversification, continuity of supply, cost reduction, and quality standards.
- Manage global supplier relationships, identifying opportunities for enhancement, growth, and opportunity.
- Enhance and maintain a working database of supplier information, capabilities, certifications, and related materials.
- Support our Product Development team with all sourcing and quoting requirements.
- Identify and estimate potential supply-chain risks, and apply risk-minimizing techniques.
- Negotiation of costs, lead-times, tooling, payment terms, capacity, etc.
- Manage, review, and execute supply contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other similar legal documents.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Policies around corporate sourcing activities.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with internal purchasing team.
- Pitch-in and help as needed in other areas of the department.
Along with a passion for sourcing, you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or other closely related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international sourcing and supplier relations
- Expertise in sourcing design and manufactured items using processes such as casting, stamping, plastic injection molding, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Demonstrated experience with legal documents, language, and process related to supplier agreements
- CPIM certification a plus
Who You Are:
- You are a team player. You are solution-oriented and know that it takes good communication and collaboration across an organization to be successful.
- You are an analyst. You analyze data, see the trends, think quickly, and make good decisions.
- You are organized. You can manage multiple details and timelines while keeping track of the bigger picture. Things don’t fall through the cracks under your watch.
- You are detail-oriented. You give critical attention to details. You enjoy dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s.
- You are a positive presence. Your positive energy and can-do attitude are
- You have mad technical skills and are able to get up to speed quickly on new systems and programs.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a problem-solver. You can think of a way to handle anything with minimal direction.
- You are able to work under tight timeframes and adapt when needed. We are a growing company. Business decisions require quick execution.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Requires flexibility with hours, including availability to work outside a Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm schedule as needed.
- Able to travel internationally and domestically (approximately 20% of the time)
Mishimoto is the flagship brand of Resource Intl., an industry-leading engineering firm specializing in performance automotive products. We make the best cooling systems for our favorite performance cars. We move fast, we are driven to win, and we know it is important to be cool, whether it's under the hood of a car or at an awesome place to work. Our state-of-the-art corporate campus is located in New Castle, Delaware, with four subsidiary locations worldwide.
Benefits and Perks
Our employees love our workplace because:
- It’s a gearhead’s dream – Design and develop performance automotive products for the car scene.
- We make way for play – Attend wine and cheese gatherings and hit up our favorite events, from drift to autocross to classic car shows.
- We take a breather – Enjoy an in-house gym, massage chair, and healthy-snack vending machine.
- Our workplace is beautiful – Work in an office designed to stimulate creative thinking.
- The employee discounts rock – Get exclusive access to Mishimoto products and discounts from our partners.
- The bennies are covered – Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) w/ 4% match, disability pay, and life insurance.
- We score – The TeamWins bonus program is tied to overall company performance goals.
- Dog Days! Bring your dog to work on MezzMutt Monday, Woof! Wednesday, or Fido Friday!
Mishimoto is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.