Mishimoto, the flagship brand of Resource Intl. Inc., is seeking a talented individual to oversee the broad legal matters of a high-growth automotive products company with domestic and international operations. Candidates should be excellent critical thinking problem solvers who are able to juggle a variety of projects across various subject matters without missing a beat. The Corporate Counsel role will report to the President and CEO.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited university.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state of Delaware.
- Must have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with a relevant corporation.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environments where multi-tasking is crucial.
- Negotiate, draft and execute all corporate legal agreements on behalf of the company.
- Advise executives within the company on various legal matters.
- Monitor research and development activities for the identification of inventions and potential external claims for compensation.
- Provide legal representation on behalf of the company in court proceedings on all business matters.
- Provide protection of the client’s intellectual property by securing intellectual property rights and patent protection.
- Provide protection of company’s rights by enforcing statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations related to business agreements.
- Direct the monitoring and enforcement of unlawful use of company intellectual property.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Conduct legal, technical and scientific research and gather evidence.
- Coordinate with outside counsel or subject matter experts when necessary.
- Implement systematic document control that tracks critical items such as required action dates, version tracking and access control.