Operations Technician I
Miromatrix is a biotechnology company on a mission to save and drastically improve countless lives by eliminating the organ transplant waiting list. Through our proprietary perfusion decellularization and recellularization technology, we are bioengineering human livers and kidneys to solve the large unmet clinical need that exists today.
Miromatrix has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Operations Technician I at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
Primary duties include:
· Major responsibilities are preparing, maintaining, and sterilizing supplies and equipment for use in the laboratory as well as cleaning laboratory and clean room spaces.
· Works with other technicians and scientists to build bioreactors and tubing sets needed for experiments.
· Autoclaves lab supplies and lab waste.
· Maintains and troubleshoots equipment in the facility.
· Position requires meticulous cleaning practices, following written procedures and checklists with attention to detail, and documenting completion of tasks.
· Additional cleaning (i.e., emergency cleanups, construction cleanups, and room set-ups) will need to be performed on an as needed basis.
· Performs various support functions using proper procedures to meet cGMP cleaning requirements.
· Position schedule is Monday – Friday.
· 1st Shift, shift assignments may be altered to accommodate laboratory priorities.
· This position reports to and receives direction from the Quality Assurance and Operations Manager.
· Must be willing and able to respond to changing priorities and handle changing workflow.
Interested individuals must be a high school graduate or have completed a GED. Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as enthusiasm for a collaborative work culture.
This is an entry level position. Interested individuals must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Additional consideration given for progressive educational accomplishments and 1-2 years of related work experience including knowledge of laboratory functions, cleaning experience, and experience with autoclaves. Prior experience in a cGMP cleaning facility is preferred. Proficiency and experience with computers, other basic office equipment, basic computer programs (Microsoft Office: Excel and Word) is expected. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment and have enthusiasm for a collaborative work culture. Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments if needed. Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling infectious agents, as well as meeting regulatory requirements for maintaining room cleanliness. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Preference given to candidates with prior work in laboratories or controlled environments, experience with cGMP, autoclaves, lab cleaning, and medical device or biotech.
Miromatrix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Miromatrix Medical Inc.Miromatrix is a Minnesota-based biotechnology company engaged in the development of fully biological human organs to solve the chronic shortage of transplantable organs utilizing its patented perfusion decellularization/recellularization technology, as well as the development of the next generation of acellular based products. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company with novel products.
Eden Prairie, MN