The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating revenue by making outbound telephone sales to prospective customers, answering inbound sales calls/inquiries and assisting in the development of new accounts. This position will identify sales opportunities through research (both self-directed and marketing-driven) and will sell to leads from direct mail campaigns, inquiries from prospects that have contacted the company, and cold calling. Position receives hourly pay plus commission.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & CORE FUNCTIONS
- Sells to accounts not normally visited by field sales representatives.
- Sells to members of certain buying groups as directed by management.
- Sells to inactive accounts.
- Sells to leads that have contacted GDS for information.
- Reports trends and patterns found during the course of selling activity.
- Tracks selling activity as directed by management.
- Maintain current job knowledge by understanding new products, product descriptions, other technical information and programs.
OTHER FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marking or other fields compatible with selling.
Solid experience with telephone sales.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several tasks with success.
Proficiency with common office software and hardware.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience selling to medical offices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will work in an office setting.
- Will work in close proximity of other people and may be able to be heard and hear other people on the phone.
Mirion Technologies, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of sex, race, color, age, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, Vietnam era, disabled or other veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants or employees with disabilities upon request, as required by law.
Mirion is a leader in radiation safety, measurement and science. Built on 60 years of experience in research, problem-solving and product development, our team of over 1,800 talented professionals work to create solutions and advance innovation in our field. We’re more than just product makers and problem solvers. We also draw on a deep sense of responsibility to share our knowledge and expertise with our customers.
Combining state-of-the-art technology with exceptional customer service, Mirion is dedicated to providing an unmatched experience in radiation detection and instrumentation. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals across all functions who share our passion for technology, excellence and innovation.
Our culture is team-based and progressive. If you are a highly motivated professional aspiring to excel in your field, Mirion may be the place to make a difference!
Our organization is passionate about delivering world-class products, services, and solutions for radiation detection and protection. From our 29 operating facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, Mirion offers products and services in these key areas:
• Health Physics - Radiation Detection and Protection Instruments
• Dosimetry Services - Radiation Monitoring Services
• Spectroscopy - Radiation Measurement Solutions
• Characterization - Decontamination & Decommissioning, Waste Management
• Radiation Monitoring Systems - In-Plant and Safety Monitoring Systems
• Sensing Systems - Nuclear Reactor Sensing Systems
In partnership with our customers in nuclear power plants, military and civil defense agencies, hospitals, universities, national labs, and other specialized industries, Mirion strives to deliver cutting-edge products and services that constantly evolve based on the changing needs of our customers.