Company: Mirion Technologies(Canberra), Inc.
NOTE: Security clearance is preferred
Operate Canberra Gamma systems and NDA systems. Review data and prepare reports.
· Operate Gamma spectroscopy systems.
· Operate NDA waste assay systems.
· Analyze data and prepare NDA results reports for final review by scientist or senior scientist, as applicable.
· Perform measurement control activities.
· Perform Independent Technical Review (ITR) of data.
· Assist in performing field measurements and field assessments.
· Assist in NDA system maintenance.
· Understanding of waste system theory and operation.
· Understanding of operation of NDA systems.
· Proficient in communication and drafting of reports for customer use.
· Proficient in use of computers.
· Able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time - As Required.
· Capable of successfully completing contractor/customer required training - As Required.
· Capable of maintaining work site access requirements - As Required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· 6 months to 1 year nuclear related experience.
· High School or equivalent technical training, OR 2 years nuclear related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Mirion Technologies, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of sex, race, color, age, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, Vietnam era, disabled or other veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants or employees with disabilities upon request, as required by law.
Mirion is a leader in radiation safety, measurement and science. Built on 60 years of experience in research, problem-solving and product development, our team of over 1,800 talented professionals work to create solutions and advance innovation in our field. We’re more than just product makers and problem solvers. We also draw on a deep sense of responsibility to share our knowledge and expertise with our customers.
Combining state-of-the-art technology with exceptional customer service, Mirion is dedicated to providing an unmatched experience in radiation detection and instrumentation. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals across all functions who share our passion for technology, excellence and innovation.
Our culture is team-based and progressive. If you are a highly motivated professional aspiring to excel in your field, Mirion may be the place to make a difference!
Our organization is passionate about delivering world-class products, services, and solutions for radiation detection and protection. From our 29 operating facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, Mirion offers products and services in these key areas:
• Health Physics - Radiation Detection and Protection Instruments
• Dosimetry Services - Radiation Monitoring Services
• Spectroscopy - Radiation Measurement Solutions
• Characterization - Decontamination & Decommissioning, Waste Management
• Radiation Monitoring Systems - In-Plant and Safety Monitoring Systems
• Sensing Systems - Nuclear Reactor Sensing Systems
In partnership with our customers in nuclear power plants, military and civil defense agencies, hospitals, universities, national labs, and other specialized industries, Mirion strives to deliver cutting-edge products and services that constantly evolve based on the changing needs of our customers.