Willing to HELP the Right Candidate Relocate.
Our small, highly respected, and established vocational and health consulting firm is seeking an experienced vocational rehabilitation counselor to join our team. The candidate is required to have a M.A. or Ph.D. degree in vocational rehabilitation or a closely related field, preferably with life care planning training, CRC, VE, and CLCP certification, and 3-5 years of courtroom testimony experience.
We conduct vocational rehabilitation evaluations and prepare life care plans. We also provide some ongoing rehabilitation counseling services. In addition, staff members have published over 50 professional articles, many in peer-reviewed journals over the past 40 years.
Minimum job requirements include:
- The ability to work at our office in Walnut Creek, California
- An established reputation as an ethical professional
- The ability to develop and present independent, objective, and unbiased opinions
- Experience in all phases of the vocational rehabilitation evaluation process
- A reputation for promptness, efficiency, organization, and confidentiality
- Excellent report writing skills
- The ability to work on multiple cases simultaneously under strict deadlines while developing empirically-based opinions that benefit all parties
The following attributes of a candidate for the position are preferred:
- Deposition and trial testimony experience
- An interest in monitoring changes in state and federal laws and court decisions that impact evaluation and testimony activities, and making necessary adjustments in evaluation and reporting methodologies
- A successful track record or interest in participating in and contributing to the profession as an author of published, peer-reviewed journal articles, holding leadership positions in professional associations, teaching, and others
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment to our firm
Additional features of the position include:
- Potential ownership opportunities at our firm
- The opportunity to set and manage your own schedule while completing expert witness activities and accommodating personal commitments, once established in the position
- Working in a small, professional office building that is readily accessible to restaurants, theaters, stores, public transportation, and freeways in the San Francisco Bay Area
Please note that the application process is comprehensive. Among other things, it includes a review of an employment application, resume or CV, and writing samples, completing entrance tests, interviews and checking references.
If the above sounds appealing to you, please submit your CV to the following address.
Also include in a cover letter a statement as to why you feel you would be the best candidate for our firm.