Assistant Plant Controller
- Posted: over a month ago
Miraclon is the home of KODAK FLEXCEL Solutions, which have helped transform flexographic printing for more than a decade. The technology, including the industry-leading FLEXCEL NX and FLEXCEL NX Ultra Systems, and FLEXCEL NX Print Suite that enables PureFlexo™ Printing, maximizes on-press efficiency, delivers higher quality and overall best-in-class results. With a focus on pioneering image science, innovation, and collaboration with industry partners and customers, Miraclon is committed to the future of flexo and continues to be positioned to lead the charge. Find out more at www.miraclon.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.
Miraclon is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our factory in Weatherford, Oklahoma. The position plays an essential role within our organization and will be responsible for product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management. You will report to the Group Manufacturing Controller based in Weatherford Oklahoma.
Further responsibilities to include:
- Business partner to the plant manager and the global director of operations
- Developing cost standards for materials and labor
- Implementing, maintaining, and implementing cost accounting systems
- Analyzing production costs and recommending changes
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Assisting in month end close of the General Ledger
- Overseeing annual physical inventory and regular inventory valuation incl. slow moving stock and net realizable value adjustments
- Elaborate estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Ensuring compliance to US GAAP, IFRS and Companies Act
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or related field; several years of relevant experience. CMA preferred.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Good knowledge of Cost Accounting and experience in a factory environment.
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced environment; needs to be able to multi-task with proven follow-through and comfortable with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Action oriented; needs to be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and financial software applications.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Infor-M3 ERP is a plus.
The special attraction of the function lies in the opportunity to join a prosperous company with flat hierarchies, excellent growth prospects in an environment where finance has a high visibility.
For this challenging task we are looking for a proactive, highly self-confident specialist, who is analytical, curious, future and result-oriented and has excellent communication and intercultural skills.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Miraclon Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?