Front Desk RECEPTIONIST/ Assistant
Busy chiropractic office seeks full-time assistant. Clerical and computer skills necessary. Duties include greeting patients, collecting fees, scheduling appointments, data entry, and filing. Must be people-oriented. Willing to train the right person.
What will I be doing?
· Provide a welcoming and comforting setting to incoming patients
· Answer phones and direct callers to back-office staff
· Schedule and confirm appointments
· Prepare new patient documents and enter new patient information
· Taking insurance information
· Verifying insurance
· Processing authorizations and referrals to other specialist
· Providing assistance to patients
· Knowledge and compentancy in Excel and Work
What special skills do I need?
· Be passionate about patient care
- Be passionate about patient care
- Work efficiently between calls and in-office patients
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- High school graduate or its equivalency;
- Experience in medical front office procedures preferred and knowledge of medical terminology;
- Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully handle dissatisfied patients;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and flexible;
- Knowledge of standard office machines including copier, fax, multi-line telephone, printers, etc.;
- Ability to be a team player; support and assist team members.