Miracle Home Health Care, Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100 to $120 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es).
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements before the patient's discharge.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health-related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises, and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Certified Phlebotomist (Preferred)
3. Wound Care Specialist (Preferred)
4. Graduate of National League for the Nursing accredited school of nursing.
5. Maintains a current CPR certification.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile under state/or organization requirements and good working order.
7. Minimum of two years’ experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing, is preferred.
8. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
9. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills, nursing skills per competency checklist.
10. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
11. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
The physical demands are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job's duties, the employee is regularly required prolonged or considerable walking or standing. The employee must occasionally be able to lift/move 50 pounds minimum and or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Miracle Home Health Care, Inc.Why Work Here?
Miracle Home Health Care, Inc. is seeking an eager to learn and energetic person to join the team!
Because everyone deserves the best health care, and MHHCI firmly sees that as a fundamental human right. The kind of care that goes beyond the confines of the hospital and extends all the way home. That is the main driving force behind the inception of MHHCI in 2006, with a clear mission of providing the best home health care to everyone, bar none. That is why we partner with incredibly compassionate and extraordinary medical practitioners, therapists, caregivers, and other health care experts to help see you through your most challenging times. Together, we are committed to providing personalized in-home and client-driven services that allow homebound patients to lead a safer and more comfortable life.
AddressLos Angeles, CA