Minuteman Senior Services Bedford, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant works as a member of the Office Services team and provides a wide variety of administrative tasks in support of the various agency departments.
Note: This position is office based.
- Provide administrative support to agency staff including
- Word process and edit documents in Word,
- Create and edit spreadsheets in Excel,
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations,
- Create and edit newsletters, etc. in Publisher,
- Input data entry and manage database as requested.
- Order general office supplies, office equipment & furniture for Agency.
- Maintain office equipment and contact vendors for repairs as needed.
- Maintain and stock kitchen, supply and storage areas for the agency.
- Unpack and store materials and supplies for the agency.
- Help with the set-up and breakdown of meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Arrange tables, chairs, beverages and food as requested.
- Set up PowerPoint presentations.
- Set up conference calls.
- Set up laptop and ensure audio/visual is ready for the meeting or event.
- Scan and maintain confidential client files and documentation into electronic database.
- Provide back up to receptionist as needed.
- Assist with maintaining the central filing system.
- Maintain an organized work environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all confidential materials and client files are secured at all times, and are locked at the end of the day
- Provide back up for board meetings.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as requested.
- Consumer/Customer Service Orientation: Communicates well with internal/external stakeholders. Responds to requests in a timely, positive, and thorough manner to ensure consumer satisfaction.
- Communication: Listens, speaks, and writes clearly and concisely. Ensures all involved are kept informed about developments and plans. Keeps manager informed about progress and problems.
- Cooperation/Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills; responds positively to instructions and procedures. Shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Breaks down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key or underlying issues. Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem and notifies supervisor in a timely manner.
- Project/Work/Time Management: Identifies critical tasks and activities and adjusts priorities when appropriate. Coordinates own with others’ schedules to avoid conflicts. Manages workflow to meet project deadlines.
- Quality of Work: Maintains high standards. Corrects own errors and consistently produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
- Quantity of Work: Produces an appropriate quantity of work. Able to manage multiple simultaneous projects across varying deadlines.
- High school graduate required, Associates Degree or business school background preferred.
- Good telephone, interpersonal, customer service skills and calm demeanor required.
- Proficient computer skills required including demonstrated competence in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher, and database management as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent proofreading skills required.
- Capacity to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Consistently demonstrate a cooperative attitude and a willingness to assist with additional related tasks as needed.
- Display a positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous, and professional attitude while working as a team member and pitching in as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Powered by JazzHR