Accounting Supervisor (Non-Profit)
Minuteman Senior Services Bedford, MA
- Expired: October 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounting Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the financial status of Minuteman Senior Services, a not-for-profit elder services agency covering 16 communities. This includes analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. The Accounting Supervisor oversees 2 staff members who are responsible for accounts payables/receivables and vendor billing, ensuring that the work of the team is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Superivosr will have contact with senior-level managers, the Executive Director, and Board of Directors, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including:
- Completing accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Directs the day-to-day vendor billing functions ensuring that vendor billing is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assists in the preparation of the annual budget and financial audit; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports. Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues. Serves as the Finance liaison for all billing and financial reporting with managed care organizations.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Serves as backup payroll processor.
- Acts on behalf of the Director of Finance in his/her absence, including conducting financial presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Assists the Director of Finance with special projects.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies Director of Finance of problems in a timely manner.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of accounting systems, skills, relevant accounting and payroll software and related materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional job and technical knowledge and skills. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Cooperation/Teamwork: Creates effective interactions with others; responds to requests in a timely and thorough manner; prioritizes tasks; displays a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous, and professional attitude while working as a team member and pitching in as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree required; Bachelors Degree in accounting or accounting-related field preferred.
- Three five years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite ledger software or comparable software required.
- Experience utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
For over 45 years Minuteman Senior Services has been helping older and disabled adults age with independence and dignity in the setting of their choice which is most often their own homes and communities. We have been supporting caregivers, local and long distance, who want to do the right thing for their loved ones and need help and advice as they balance the competing demands of family, work and self.
We offer over 20 programs and services and are continually improving and expanding. Our consumers give us very high marks as do our professional colleagues and that is very important to us. With over 130 employees, 900+ volunteers and over 70 subcontracted service providers that make up our vendor network we bring a lot of expertise, experience and resources.
Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.minutemansenior.org
Powered by JazzHR
Minuteman Senior Services
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Minuteman Senior Services