Building Maintenance Technician
Minot Park District Minot, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Performs a variety of routine maintenance and minor repair work for the Minot Park District’s buildings and facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists in maintaining the District's buildings and facilities including the zoo, golf course, soccer complex, outdoor hockey rinks, pools, playgrounds, tennis center, auditorium, ball diamonds and pathways.
- Supervises new construction and/or remodeling projects; constructs additions to buildings and/or picnic shelters, installs or replaces windows, doors, flooring, roofing, siding, drywall and concrete
- Performs finish carpentry work including building and installing cabinetry, bookcases and shelves.
- Builds, installs, repairs and maintains fences and gates.
- Installs, maintains, inspects and removes playground equipment in accordance with safety regulations and standards.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance and assists in ensuring buildings and facilities are safely and properly maintained for use by the public.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and safety inspections, evaluates conditions and brings deficiencies to the attention of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains outdoor hockey rinks, assists with the making of ice.
- Paints buildings, walls, doors and trim, removes old paint and pressure washes buildings
- Performs basic electrical repair including replacing bulbs, switches, timers & receptacles
- Performs basic plumbing repairs including replacing faucets, unclogging drains and irrigation systems
- Assists in removing snow from sidewalks, pathways, parking lots, roadways and outdoor ice rinks
- Assists with building and/or facility maintenance activities as required.
- Assists other employees on larger projects.
- Purchases and/or orders supplies with approval from Maintenance Supervisor.
- Obtains pricing information for job materials and/or prepares construction drawings as required.
- Processes work orders and ensure maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and documentation.
- Operates heavy equipment used in construction and grounds maintenance including skid steers, dump trucks, garbage trucks, pay loaders, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, telehandlers and compact tractors.
- Operate a vehicle, trailer equipment and pick up supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
GED or High School Diploma AND five years of carpentry / construction / building maintenance experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Possession of a valid North Dakota Class D driver's license with ability to obtain a North Dakota Class A or Class B driver’s license.
- First Aid/CPR Certification, Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) may be required
Required Knowledge of:
- Building and facility construction and maintenance principles and practices.
- Equipment and tools common to building and facility construction, maintenance and repair.
- Building construction, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and HVAC principles
- Blueprints, diagrams, schematics and equipment service manuals.
- Regulations and standards governing the maintenance and construction of park facilities.
- Maintenance records, logs and documentation.
- Basic facility maintenance principles and processes.
- Safety practices and protocols relative to OSHA standards and equipment operation.
Required Skill in:
- Coordinating and performing a variety of skilled building maintenance functions.
- Assisting in ensuring the District's buildings and facilities are safely and properly maintained.
- Repairing minor electrical and plumbing fixtures.
- Maintaining swimming pools, outdoor hockey rinks and playground facilities.
- Performing preventative maintenance in accordance with established schedules.
- Accurately reading blueprints, sketches and drawings.
- Maintaining accurate departmental records and documentation.
- Safely operating equipment and performing general facilities maintenance duties.
- Work is performed in a building maintenance environment and involves equipment operation, climbing ladders, and lifting of objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Work may be performed in all types of weather conditions.
Minot Park District
Real EstateView all jobs at Minot Park District