We are currently seeking a full timeMedical Lab Technicianto join our Community Clinic Labs team. This role has potential to float to any of our 5 clinics (Brooklyn Park, East Lake, Richfield, Golden Valley, and Whittier). This full time role will work Monday to Friday (earliest start time would be 7:30 AM and latest end time would be 7:00 PM).
Under direct supervision, performs and evaluates clinical laboratory tests following established procedures and provides quality and competent patient and family centered services that meet HCMC and departmental standards
* Follows all laboratory established procedures and processes, including but not limited to: patient/specimen identification, specimen collection and/or processing, diagnostic testing, proficiency testing, recognition and communication of unusual and/or critical result values
* Performs accurate documentation in the laboratory information system and/or on patient result logs.
* Performs and monitors quality control processes according to standard operating procedures.
* Performs calibration, maintenance, and performance checks on instrumentation according to standard operating procedures
* Performs troubleshooting processes for instrumentation, reagents, and/or patient samples as they occur.
* Assists in training/teaching of new team members and/or student interns
* Assists with inventory maintenance
* Core Lab:Competent in four work stations
* Associate of Arts or Associates of Science degree
* Completion of a Laboratory Technician training program approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
* An approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work independently and self-motivated
* Ability to work cohesively and respectfully with a diverse work force and patient population
* Ability to read and follow written instructions
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
* Basic computer skills
* Good technical skills
* Good critical thinking skills
* Certified as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP), Clinical Laboratory Technician CLT (NCA), or approved equivalent
* Eligible for certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP)
Note: As a condition of employment, an employee hired with "eligible" status must take the first available examination after their date of hire, and pass a nationally approved certifying exam within three consecutive administration of the exam within a 12 month period
Title: Medical Lab Technician - Community Clinics
Location: MN-Minneapolis-Whittier Clinic
Requisition ID: 191561