Food Service - Spring into a new career
- $20 to $28 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Cook Coordinator Position - Click here to watch video - https://youtu.be/g-fsj49EOlc
Apply Directly at our agency website - http://www.mn.gov/doc/careers
JOB ID 66366 in search box
We are seeking a Cook Coordinator Corrections to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen in various facilities.
This position provides leadership, instruction and direction to incarcerated individuals in the preparation, presentation, handling, serving and clean-up of daily meals in the food services area to ensure incarcerated individuals' meals meet quality and nutrition standards and service timelines. Responsible to monitor and adhere to safety and sanitation standards within the food services area, so that standards and health codes are met.
This position has direct contact with incarcerated individuals.
Current certificate in Food Safety (e.g. ServSafe Food Handler certificate or ServSafe Manager certificate; National Registry of Food Safety Professionals Food Handler certificate or Food Safety Manager certificate; Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager) OR the ability to obtain this certificate within the probationary period.
- Six months of experience as a cook performing large volume cooking and food preparation in a correctional or secured environment.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- One year of experience as a cook in a large restaurant, cafeteria, school, hospital, or equivalent experience in large volume cooking and food preparation
- Completion of a nine (9) month or longer full-time vocational/technical school program in commercial cooking or commercial food preparation. (NOTE: Completion of a nine (9) month or longer vocational/technical school program in commercial baking will substitute for six (6) months of experience as a cook, as listed above.)
- Two years of cooking experience in fast food, small to mid-sized restaurant or catering with mid-high-volume, high-quality food production or short order cooking
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well in teams.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Minnesota Department of CorrectionsMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.