Minnehaha Area Child Care is hiring for the position of Early Childhood Program Manager . MACC is a small play-based program serving Toddlers - PreK children. As the Program Manager, your time will be split between the office, and in the classrooms where you will supervise and motivate teachers and staff.
The ideal Program Manager has a flexible and adaptable nature, is personable, has a good sense of humor and a willingness to learn and grow, is familiar with DHS Rule 3, and has supervisory experience within a childcare center.
Job Duties include but may not be limited to:
* Evaluate daily staffing needs and step-in to the classroom as needed
* Be willing to substitute in classrooms for varying lengths of time
* Assisting Directors with interviewing, hiring & training new staff
* Overseeing daily activities & supervision of staff
* Review curriculum and program plans from staff
* Ensure that the physical environment of the facility is in good condition
* Establish/enforce early childhood program policies
Job Skill Requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years working with and leading youth programs.
* Minimum of two-years previous supervisory experience.
* Familiarity with licensing procedures for early childhood settings
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
* Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
* Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
* Lead Teacher qualified based upon DHS requirements
* Adult and child CPR/First Aid/AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date
* To pass required background check
* Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, work with children at their level and work indoors or outdoors.
* Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
* Education or experience in child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs.
This is a Full-Time position and hours may vary.
We provide PPE to employees and only staff and students are currently allowed into the building. Temperature and health checks are done on every person entering the building.
We believe that children learn best through play and we try to provide many opportunities to do so. Our environment and curriculum meet each child’s developmental needs including: social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth.
Minnehaha Area Child Care
Why Work Here?Welcome to Minnehaha Area Child Care (MACC). MACC is a privately owned, neighborhood preschool and child care center. Our focus is on providing early childhood education in the Lake Nokomis and Minnehaha Creek community. We believe that children learn best through play and we try to provide many opportunities to do so. Our environment and curriculum meet each child’s developmental needs including: social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth.
Small school, fantastic coworkers, wonderful families and community!