Plant / Facility Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Plant/Facility Technician is responsible the general upkeep, preventive equipment maintenance and repairs of machines and general building upkeep at our locations. This includes carpentry, plumbing, machine and equipment repair and simple electrical work. Assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; ensures compliance with all applicable governmental rules and regulations in addition to compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment.
- Maintain and repair of production equipment, such as compressors, pumps, motors, valves, gauges and vessels.
- Perform basic disassembly and rebuild mechanical equipment, as needed.
- Change out mechanical seals, basic repairs on valves.
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Uses hand and power tools.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- May do basic vehicle maintenance such as change light bulbs, check fluids, take in for repair
- Maintain and perform jobs related to the general upkeep of the plant and facility such as lighting repairs, door repairs, painting, sweeping, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Industrial or mechanical repair, installation and construction
- Strong mechanical ability
- Small Engine experience, preferred
- Basic industrial electrical aptitude
- Good Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills in MS office and MS outlook (email)
- Ability to operate a forklift, or ability to get certified
- Must be able to interpret equipment diagrams and complete necessary documents for projects
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong team player that excels working independently
- Must possess a valid Class D Driver’s license, Hazmat endorsement preferred
- DOT Health card, preferred.
- Travel 10% of time
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted consistently).
- Requires near, distance and peripheral vision with accurate depth perception.
- Frequent balancing, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, hand movements, pushing, pulling and finger dexterity
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (80%)
- Must be able to use a computer
- Able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 -110 degrees, but an air conditioned plant
- Working environment is industrial. Dust and noise levels are high in certain areas.
Minneapolis Oxygen’s full service & certified warranty repair for welding equipment & tools, including welding machines and guns/torches, plasma machines, fume extractors, cutting tables/automation, oxy-fuel torches, bulk/micro-bulk piping and telemetry systems. We strive to maintain a 7 day turn-around minimum on all repairs, so you can keep your business running.
Minneapolis OxygenWhy Work Here?
We are a People First organization who are Curious, Nimble, Gritty and believe in bringing the Extra for our customers.
Since 1946, Minneapolis Oxygen has made sure companies have their gases when they need them. MO2 SmartSupply makes it easy to do business efficiently and cost-effectively. Also, look to Minneapolis Oxygen for green and cost-effective bulk and micro-bulk gas solutions. Minneapolis Oxygen’s full service & certified warranty repair for welding equipment & tools, including welding machines and guns/torches, plasma machines, fume extractors, cutting tables/automation, oxy-fuel torches, bulk/micro-bulk piping and telemetry systems. We strive to maintain a 7 day turn-around minimum on all repairs, so you can keep your business running.
3842 Washington Ave NMinneapolis, MN
Energy and Environment