Pastor Of Congregational Care
- $70,000 to $75,000 Yearly
MinistryHub is honored to partner with Fellowship Bible Church in their search for a Pastor of Congregational Care. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To oversee congregational care of the whole person for both campuses of Fellowship Bible Church
- Lead and empower lay leaders and volunteer teams for care ministry, providing guidance, training, and ongoing support.
- Shepherding the body through significant spiritual milestones
- To oversee the partnership with and resourcing of the Counseling Center at Fellowship
Executive Pastor, Outreach & Ministry Strategy
Oversee Congregational Care of the whole person for both Campuses of Fellowship Bible Church
- Design and maintain a congregational care model that aligns with the mission and values of FBC:
- Helping ministry areas develop systems of care for their volunteers and the people the ministry serves.
- Lead our staff in development and training in care and shepherding of the congregation.
- Caring for the whole person; physical needs, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Manage the development and implementation for providing comprehensive congregational care for the whole person and support processes including the following:
- Wedding and Funeral Coordination
- Prayer Ministry
- Visitation for infirmed and shut-ins
- Individual and Family Crisis
- Fellowship Group Care
- Exploration of a potential recovery ministry at Fellowship with strong lay leadership, and group-based ministries of care such as grief share, that comes alongside people to find support in times of need.
- Utilize supporting systems, such as church management system, for accurate data management and timely reporting.
- Create an annual departmental budget and manage expenditure accordingly.
In pursuit of our vision: Lead and empower lay leaders and volunteer teams for care ministry, providing guidance, training, and ongoing support.
- Oversee the training and development of leaders and volunteers to participate in the ministry of congregational care.
- Lead and direct volunteer teams within care ministry, ensuring they are continually supported, equipped, and empowered to serve the congregation effectively.
- Through these teams and leaders foster a culture of compassion, empathy, and relational care within the church.
- Many teams do not yet exist and need to be developed, leaders recruited, and systems and processes built out.
Shepherding the congregation through significant spiritual milestones:
- Oversee current processes and design new systems and processes to help shepherd individuals through significant milestones in their faith i.e., conversion, baptism, child dedications, funerals.
- Oversee the response and follow up with new believers, developing people who are dedicated to walking alongside them and discipling them.
- Curate resources, classes and workshops to help individuals and families navigate these milestones and deepen their faith.
- Collaborate with ministries and ministry leaders to ensure seamless integration of milestones within the broader church community.
Oversee the Partnership with and resourcing of The Counseling Center at Fellowship
- Manage the relationship with the counseling center director.
- Ensure the objectives set forth in the counseling center contract are met.
- Perform periodic review of the counseling center operations to ensure continued alignment with church mission and theology.
- Develop and maintain the budget for counseling benevolence.
- Develop and maintain a process for distributing need-based counseling benevolence to the members and regular attenders of Fellowship.
- Ensure that we as a whole are offering biblically based pastoral counseling and guidance to individuals and families.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates personal relationship with Jesus through the Four Practices
- Committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Staff BEhaviors, of Fellowship Bible Church
- Bachelor's Degree with a relevant concentration such as biblical studies or theology required.
- Proven experience in providing pastoral care, counsel, and support to individuals and families. Ability to apply biblical framework to real-life situations, helping people follow Jesus in the midst of all circumstances.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in ministry leadership capacity, preferably in pastoral care.
- Demonstration of a Spirit Filled life, a gifting in discernment and wisdom, meets the qualification of deacons according to the scriptures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills can relate to people from diverse backgrounds and build meaningful connections leading with love and empathy.
- Strong organization and administrative leadership, including the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, church management software preferred.
SpiritualView All MinistryHub Jobs
Get fresh Pastor Of Congregational Care jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.