Miniluxe Inc Boston, MA
- Expired: November 24, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the accounting/finance team by assisting the Controller in managing daily operations of our growing business. This position will be exposed to all day-to-day finance/accounting procedures and principles.
This is an existing position at MiniLuxe, Inc with strong potential for growth and high visibility to all departments in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance function, including accounting, A/P, cash management, expense management, internal controls and recordkeeping.
- Accounts Payable – will own entire process:
- Receiving, coding, and entering all invoices and expense reports into accounting system using Bill.com and Expensify
- Processing, reconciling, and archiving corporate credit card statements
- Maintaining W9s for all vendors and issuing 1099s yearly
- Processing all credit applications and setting up new vendors in Bill.com
- Perform monthly close activities including bank account reconciliations and journal entries, booking service, retail and e-commerce revenue. Accruals and prepaid expense management
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly compliance for business - Use and Sales tax filings, Annual report filing
- Filing misc. license renewals for studio locations - Board of Heath permits, Business licenses, Cosmetology licenses, nail permits, etc.
- Providing COI to all landlords yearly
- Maintain schedules to support monthly financial reports, as well as a daily cash log.
- Assist with annual audit preparation.
- Compile data to assist in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting results to leadership.
- Partake in ad hoc accounting and finance projects, analyses and systems implementations as needed.
Skill Set Requirements
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Possess an overwhelming desire to exceed expectations.
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to self-motivate.
- Presents ideas through clear and concise communication, both written and verbal.
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external sources.
Education + Experience
- B.S. in Accounting required.
- Solid Foundation of U.S. GAAP
- 2-4 years’ experience in a general accounting position; multi-site retail experience a plus.
- Expertise in Excel.
- Previous experience with the following a plus but not necessary: QuickBooks; Zenoti; Expensify.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Miniluxe Inc