Senior Staff Accountant
Miniluxe Inc Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Sr. Staff Accountant
Over the last decade, we have been reimagining and revolutionizing the world’s most used but least regulated beauty service: Nail Care.
We celebrate self-care as an everyday luxury for everyone, anywhere, at any time. We are doing this by becoming the world’s leading ethical and clean nail-care brand with a diverse and empowered community of designers, delivering super-hygienic, high-quality services, with safe and better-for-you, clean beauty products backed by the experience of completing over 2M+ services.
We’re not just building a company.
We’re on a mission to transform an entire industry.
We are MiniLuxe.
Are you MiniLuxe?
The passion for a People First culture is our greatest asset. We believe diversity is beautiful. We believe having passion and creativity in your craft and career will help to drive our business. If you believe in these values and are about being your best self and having fun; then we would love to have you join our MiniLuxe Family.
About this Role:
The Senior Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the accounting/finance team by assisting the Controller in managing operations of our growing business. This position will be exposed to all day-to-day finance/accounting procedures and principles and will manage one Staff Accountant as a direct report.
This is a new position at MiniLuxe, Inc with strong potential for growth and high visibility to all departments in the company. This position requires previous experience with IFRS accounting principles.
What You’ll Do:
- Monthly and Quarterly close:
- Booking service, retail and e-commerce revenue
- Recording payroll and payroll accrual entries
- Calculate monthly COGS and inventory entries
- Reviewing various account reconciliations performed by the Staff Accountant
- Reviewing sales & use tax filings prepared by the Staff Accountant
- Managing the fixed asset ledger and recording appropriate depreciation
- Accounts Payable:
- Review invoice coding performed by the Staff Accountant
- Recommend appropriate vendor payments to the Controller on a weekly basis
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting:
- Participate in the budgeting and reforecasting process quarterly
- Prepare financial reporting for leadership monthly and quarterly
- Work with studio directors to help them manage their individual budget and P&L
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Work with various department heads to ensure seamless communication and alignment on business goals
- Assist with annual audit preparation and various quarterly filing requirements
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to self-motivate
- Presents ideas through clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external sources
- B.S. in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a general accounting position
- Well-versed in IFRS accounting
- Expertise in Excel
- Previous experience with the following a plus but not necessary: QuickBooks; Zenoti; Expensify; Bill.com; Netsuite
Job Type: Full-time
The MiniLuxe Offer – What’s in it for you?
In return, you are rewarded with a competitive compensation package including medical/dental/vision/LTD/STD and life insurance benefits, PTO, 401k, Free Services & Retail Discounts, and much more.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Miniluxe Inc