Assistant Manager Self-Storage Facility
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The PART-TIME Assistant Manager is a lead representative of Mini-Max Storage Co. to its customers and community. Primary responsibilities are to maintain and ensure efficient daily operations of the property. Duties include maximizing rentals and occupancy levels, controlling delinquency, ensuring required custodial and maintenance functions are completed, meeting cleanliness standards, and performing superior customer service at all times. Mini-Max Storage Co. seeks employees who have pro-active, positive attitudes, and operate with integrity. Leadership and communication skills are required. This position is part-time, averaging 20-30 hours per week. Ideal for retirees looking for part-time work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers promptly, enthusiastically, and professionally
- Answer telephones in a friendly, pleasant, and professional manner; stand and greet walk-in customers and prospects. Present features and benefits of the facility at every opportunity.
- Maximize conversion of prospective calls, walk-ins, and email inquiries into rentals.
- Build loyalty and repeat rentals by resolving customer problems effectively and timely.
- Maintain sound financial controls by accurately handling cash and balancing receipts.
- Participate in collecting past due accounts. Collect funds, posts payments, and processes bank deposits accurately and timely.
- Maintain accurate records for each customer including rental agreement, change of address forms, and all correspondence to and from customers.
- Understand the rental agreement fully and be able to explain to customers in detail.
- Effectively utilize computer system including property management software, Microsoft Word/Excel, and email.
- Monitor security system and act quickly to resolve security questions and problems; perform lock checks on a daily basis.
- Visually inspect the office and entire grounds on a daily basis. Take necessary action to meet company appearance standards; Keep golf cart, grounds, and company units free of debris at all times.
- Perform light maintenance
- Handle opening & closing Procedures, cash, and bank deposits/reconciliations.
- High level of integrity, accountability and initiative.
- Skill in interacting with the public and providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a sales or customer service environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, including handling telephone calls and emails professionally and efficiently.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Associates or college degree a plus.
- Must have a current driver's license and maintain sufficient auto insurance.
- Preferred experience: Retail Sales/Customer Service, Hospitality, Casual Dining, Service Industry.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to float between properties as needed. (Second property in Washington, IL.)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturdays per month.
- Must be willing to complete employment application and submit to a background check.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 lbs,
Mini-Max Storage Co.
7500 N. Brauer RoadPeoria, IL
Get fresh Storage Facility Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.