The production supervisor is responsible for production-related communication flow and coordination between all company resources committed to each company product. Maintaining and repairing operations and department equipment. Must have a clear understanding of department concepts and equipment, organizational skills appropriately schedule the workforce and lead the teams to success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Automotive, Assembly Line Production & Logistics environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent project management skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group
- Launching new projects.
- Startup experience is a plus
Travel: 20% travel domestic and international
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct supervision, balance multiple and changing production requirements and people issues, make a business decision using facts and good judgment.
- Business operation process and personnel management.
- Computer competency in Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
- Capability to adapt to change in technology
- Able to work and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to think critically and resolve difficult problems
- Excellent communication, coordination ability, and teamwork
- Facility and equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude required and technical capacity
- Lean Experience preferred
- 5S Experience preferred
- ISO/TS16949 knowledge preferred
- Leadership/Ethical Practice
- Time Management
- Manage, coordinate, facilitate and provide leadership to area supervisors, leaders, production employees, maintenance and other assigned support staff.
- Manage activities related to ISO TS 16949, ISO 14000, ISO 18000 follow up, closing of Non-conformities raised in the Warehouse
- Monitor scheduling, testing, and compliance
- Direct Maintenance on the priority of equipment/facility maintenance issues
- Ensure the correct filling of production reports, downtime and scrap records.
- Monitor department performance to goals in areas of through output, quality, cycle time, cost and safety. Identify and implement actions to meet or exceed goals
- Support technical staff in troubleshooting and enhancing production/logistics processes.
- Provide analysis and reporting as required and ensure communication of departmental key metrics related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Manage employee relations issues and assist employees in the resolution of problems with HR support.
- Support and facilitate organizational change initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
EEO refers to fairness and equality of treatment for specific, designated protected classes as defined by law. EEO means that the employer gives equal consideration for a job and terms and conditions of employment to all individuals and that the employer does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability or sex.
Minghua California, LLC