For 125 years, Miner Enterprises has been a leader in the supply of freight-car components to the railroad industry. We provide cutting edge, high quality products such as draft gears, side bearings, unloading systems, brake beams and hatch covers to all Class I and II railroads worldwide, freight car builders, private-car companies, leasing companies and contract freight car repair shops.
We are looking for a team oriented, customer focused individual to join our team in Geneva, IL. The Customer Service Representative will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction through accurate and timely entry of orders, resolution of difficult or unusual situations as well as initiating and/or implementing corrective action as needed. Our customer service group provides full spectrum support to our customers from order origination through order delivery and resolution of issues.
- Provide guidance to customers regarding product inquiries. This may include acting as a liaison between the customer and engineering for technical details; providing technical drawings, providing bills of lading or packing slips, etc.
- Provide customers with verbal price quotes; verify availability, lead-time, ship dates and routing as needed. Includes assisting new customers navigate our internal requirements.
- Verify accuracy of the order, price and availability of requested materials. Resolve discrepancies with customer. Document changes to orders, ship dates, quantities, etc.
- Verify with Credit Manager orders with “credit hold” and obtain approval before entering.
- Work with Purchasing, Production Management and Credit to resolve inventory related issues and specific credit requirements for customer order.
- Maintain open communication with sales representatives regarding issues with their customers and provide requested information to sales representatives as well. Inform when customer follow up is required.
- Contact and work with shipping to expedite orders as requested.
- Contact Technical Services Department with questions, problems or concerns with a product.
- Resolve issues with orders such as short shipments, incorrect material or invoicing discrepancies. This includes issuance of Return Material Authorizations to customers for repair and return items.
- Responsible for overseeing the Customer Master files which includes set up of new customers, updating information, price maintenance and other details specific to each customer.
- Complete and distribute weekly orders received report
- May be responsible for invoicing procedures of both domestic and international orders in the absence of the Sales Order/Accounts Receivable Processor.
- Completing NAFTA and customs papers for domestic orders.
- Manage consignment programs at various customer locations.
- Assist all departments and co-workers to maintain and preserve the Company Quality Policy, which is to provide superior products that meet all applicable specifications and are shipped on time in order to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
- Act as Assistant to Customer Service Coordinator with projects as requested.
An Associate Degree in business, marketing or related field with 3-5 years of customer service experience. Candidates with equivalent experience to associates degree and work history will be considered.
Work independently and work in a team environment, with the goal of providing world-class service to our customers.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
Ability to prioritize and handle competing requests and deadlines.
Proficiency in computer application such as Excel, Word, Outlook and ERP systems.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package with our insurance available to employees on their first day of employment. If you’re interested in joining the Miner family, email resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to 1200 E. State Street, Geneva, IL 60134. www.minerent.com. Local candidates only - relocation assistance is not available.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disabled