Dock & Door Service Technician - Intern - SkillBridge
The purpose of the DOD SkillBridge program is to provide opportunities for ACTIVE DUTY Military Service Members who are exiting Military Service with work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, and internships during the last 180 days of service. Skillbridge connects service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences.
OnPoint Group is a proud partner of the DOD SkillBridge program.
All applicants MUST be currently serving in a branch of the Military and MUST have authorization of your unit Commander to participate in the SkillBridge program.
Please click here for details about the DOD SkillBridge program.
We have an opening for an INTERN in our Los Angeles, CA location!
*All responsibilities will be taught and supervised by Lead Service Professionals.
Key Job Responsibilities
Under close supervision, Intern will:
- Learn the basics of preventative maintenance and successfully complete all assigned by the trainer.
- troubleshoot industrial equipment, mechanisms, mechanical systems, and electrical circuits.
- Perform service and maintenance on: Commercial doors; Loading docks; and general warehouse equipment.
- Learn to manage work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely manner.
- Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Follow company and OSHA safety rules and guidelines. Avoid injuries and damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean-up of work area debris.
- Completes all necessary company training in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- After 60 days, Intern should be well versed on the basics of a Dock & Door Specialist
- Intern will have satisfactorily completed all tasks and assignments required of them to include projects, customer satisfaction, and issue resolution.
- Intern will be a strong team player with a great attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- Basic knowledge in Mechanical, Commercial, and Industrial Maintenance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, technology-driven service environment.
- Follow all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Technical school training a plus.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check upon receiving an offer of employment from the OnPoint Group.
Desired Skills and Experience (1 or more of the following preferred)
- Electrical: Experience with electrical wiring systems in a commercial or industrial building.
- Welding: Experience joining metal parts together, working on various components and equipment.
- Experience with steel fabrication.
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees may work with co-workers’ side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
The Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Miner, LTDLos Angeles, CA
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.