Certified Dietary Manager - CDM
Mineola Heights Healthcare Centre Mineola, TX
- Posted: 20 days ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Are you a Certified Dietary Manager who likes to make personal connections to patients? Do you have a passion for serving and helping residents? Do you want to work in a community environment from residents to co-workers? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Here at Mineola Heights Healthcare Centre, we believe it takes a team to provide quality and professional care to our residents during their stay with us. We have been under new management since 2019 and have seen many positive changes take place with so much more to come! Employee appreciation is important to us and, with the support of Management, we recognize each and every department for their hard work in our facility where caring and community come together. We are currently looking for dedicated and compassionate CDM to join our team and make a positive impact for our residents! Are you ready to join our amazing team of healthcare professionals? Apply today!
*Must be at least one of the following:
a. A qualified dietitian.
b. An Associate-in-Arts graduate in Nutrition and Food Management (such as Dietetics, Home Economics, or Restaurant Management).
c. A graduate of a dietetic or dietetic assistant training program approved by the American Dietetic Association, or the Dietary Manager’s Association, whether conducted by correspondence or in a classroom.
d. A person who has completed a State agency approved 90-hour course in food service supervision.
e. A person who has training and experience in food service supervision and management in a military service equivalent in content to the programs in subparagraphs (a-d) of this paragraph and has had his training credentials evaluated and approved by the nutrition program specialist of the Texas Department of Human Services Long Term Care Regulatory.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to carry out conversations with staff and residents.
- Must be comfortable with computer entry of food order, computer use for tray card program, email and budget control program.
- Must be knowledgeable of current regulatory standards.
- Must have the ability to train, supervise and direct nutrition services personnel in their proper duties and in accepted nutrition services procedures and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative and make independent judgment of routine and special dietary needs in all areas.
- Staffing of Nutrition Services Department (interviewing, checking references, hiring, evaluations, discipline, and scheduling).
- Provide orientation, direct and train nutrition services personnel to ensure all standards of food handling procedures are properly followed and good sanitation and safety practices are being performed. Must have the ability to communicate to staff orally and in writing form.
- Supervising food preparation (ensuring recipes are followed, proper cooking techniques are used and food presentation is correct).
- Ordering and budget control of food, supplies and supplements. Completing inventory as needed.
- Monitoring tray service (accurate food temperatures, portions and diets) and monitoring equipment maintenance.
- Visiting with new residents and families to obtain food and dining preferences.
- Charting updates, including screening form of new residents.
- Maintaining Diet cards.
- Make daily rounds in assigned areas and evaluate nutrition services assuring proper performance of staff and the maintenance of dietary standards. This requires the ability to move about the facility frequently throughout the work day.
- Participate in Care Planning.
- Counsel and evaluate staff regarding their job performance in consultation with the Director of Food Service and Human Resources. Makes recommendations for raises based on employee evaluations.
- Perform work of nutrition services aides and cooks as needed and be able to perform all essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Safely utilize equipment. Report any equipment needing service or repair immediately.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance in accordance with facility absence policies.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests.
- Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times.
- Insure that all areas are secure and food is properly stored prior to leaving.
- Process absentee and tardy forms and file.
- Assist with planning and preparing for special functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 50 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- And much more!
Mineola Heights Healthcare Centre
716 Mimosa DriveMineola, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at Mineola Heights Healthcare Centre