Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We'd love to talk more!
What is the Software Engineer role?
We are looking for a stellar and passionate Software Engineer to develop new and modify existing microservices. You'll be working across multiple teams from platform engineers to designers and data scientists to support the redesign of our web and mobile apps to delight our users. Your work will support AI algorithms that employ human-computer interaction data to identify patterns of brain activity and predict the impact that different interventions have on neuropsychological function.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional company that is transforming how we diagnose and treat brain disorders affecting hundreds of millions of people globally by applying some of the most innovative techniques in artificial intelligence.
What you'll be doing:
- Create REST based microservices and APIs to support mobile and web applications
- Contribute to developing a culture of testing and quality within the team
- Collaborate with QA team in implementing and maintaining test automation
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies or services to maximize development efficiency
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
Your background and skills:
- Preferably fluent in TypeScript/Node.js; Java/Spring/Spring Boot a plus
- Experienced with MongoDB, nosql technologies
- Cloud networking experience in AWS a plus
- Docker experience a plus
- Experienced with service design patterns, multithreading, scalability and performance
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with cloud architectural patterns and microservices, message queues, container orchestration, etc.
- Experience developing and supporting production code
- Able to collaborate with appropriate resources to prepare design create technical design, slicing and sizing of new features and function
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering on tight schedule
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years of full-stack software engineering experience developing user-facing features and systems
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Telecommuting benefits
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing email@example.com