Software Engineer in Test
Mindstrong Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Mindstrong has offices in Mountain View, CA and San Francisco, CA but candidates for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We'd love to talk more!
What is the Software Engineer in Test role?
Our service depends on accurate data collection across a wide variety of mobile platforms. We are looking for a stellar and passionate Software Engineer in Test to perform manual testing of our mobile and web applications to ensure consistent data capture and correct functionality. In this role you will actively participate in manual testing and application troubleshooting. You will need to understand how the client applications use backend services to deliver their functionality. You will use this understanding to set up specific test scenarios and to help identify the root cause of defects. As time permits, you will also contribute to automation by implementing new test cases in an existing automation framework.
Our ideal candidate is a bright and motivated Engineer who is excited about shipping quality products and eager to apply their experience with manual and automated testing for native Android and iOS apps. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow as they are contributing to the quality of our products.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing new test cases or modifying existing to cover new or changed functionality
- Defining test requirements, test strategies and test designs
- Conducting manual testing on mobile, web and back end
- Automating test cases and adding to an existing automation suite
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
Your background and skills:
- Delivering quality products across a wide range of running environments excites you
- You are familiar with manual testing and eager to learn and grow to perform test automation, test design, development and execution
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with Black box testing
- Experience with mobile (Android and iOS app) testing
- Using Charles proxy, Xcode and Android Studio to follow device activity
- Familiar with GIT & Jira
- Basic knowledge with bash scripting
- Basic knowledge with MongoDB
- Basic knowledge with Xcode and Android Studio
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS EC2, Docker) is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Fastlane etc.) is a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- You use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in testing. Ideally, you've had an Internship or two while in school.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Telecommuting benefits
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.