Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We'd love to talk more!
What is the Senior Software Engineer in Test role?
Our service depends on accurate data collection across a wide variety of mobile platforms. We are looking for a stellar and passionate Senior Software Engineer in Test to perform manual and automation testing of our mobile applications and their interaction with backend microservices and nosql databases to ensure consistent data capture and correct functionality. In this role you will actively participate in manual testing, writing automated tests and application troubleshooting. You will need to understand how the client applications use backend services to deliver their functionality. You will use this understanding to set up specific test scenarios, to automate these scenarios and to help identify the root cause of defects.
Our ideal candidate is a bright and motivated Engineer who is excited about shipping quality products and eager to apply their experience with manual and automated testing. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow as they are contributing to the quality of our products.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing new test cases or modifying existing to cover new or changed functionality
- Defining test requirements, test strategies and test designs
- Conducting manual testing of native mobile applications and their interaction with backend microservices and nosql databases.
- Write End to End automated tests for mobile apps and REST services.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
Your background and skills:
- Delivering quality products across a wide range of running environments excites you
- You are familiar with mobile and REST API testing and have programming experience in Java, swift or Python.
- Familiar with adb, Charles, GIT & Jira
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS EC2, Docker) is a plus
- Working knowledge of no-sql databases such as MongoDB is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of any mobile automation tool such as Espresso, Appium, Selendroid etc. is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Fastlane etc.) is a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- You use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in testing mobile applications, back end services and databases.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Telecommuting benefits
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.