Remote Therapist - California
Mindstrong San Diego, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Mindstrong has offices in Mountain View, CA and San Francisco, CA but candidates for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
Who is Mindstrong Health?
Mindstrong Health is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We're based in Mountain View and our clinical staff live in the markets where our members live. We'd love to talk more!
What is the Clinical Specialist Role?
The Mindstrong Health Services Clinical Specialist is a licensed clinician (LCSW, LICSW, or Licensed Psychologist) responsible for working directly with and coordinating care for our members via telehealth services. These members are referred to us by our healthcare partners and are predetermined to experience symptoms related to Severe Mental Illness (SMI). The Clinical Specialist will proactively engage patients with mental health needs and help to manage their symptoms through biomarker monitoring, crisis planning and response, and triage and assessment.
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly tech savvy, motivated and flexible individuals who demonstrate a high level of writing proficiency and professionalism. This is a full-time remote position with benefits.
- Support the mental and physical health care of an assigned member panel through a digital health platform.
- Closely coordinate care with the member's healthcare team including primary care providers, Mindstrong Health's psychiatrists, and other mental health providers.
- Develop, implement and update care plans that include biopsychosocial factors, crisis-prevention, and medical behavioral integration for physical health needs.
- Engage Mindstrong members in Crisis Response Planning.
- Provide eclectic therapeutic strategies and interventions -- i.e., person centered interventions, motivational interviewing, goal setting, CBT and DBT etc.
- Use an advanced multimodal digital health platform that includes text-based messaging, telephone and video capabilities to monitor and track treatment responses for changes.
- Provide on-call crisis support coverage during non business hours to member panels on a rotating basis.
- Monitor and provide education about digital biomarkers generated by Mindstrong Health's continuous measurements based application.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in Mindstrong Health's HIPAA-compliant portal.
- Address patient status changes in collaboration with the Mindstrong Health Clinical Team in a detailed, timely, and effective manner; communicate changes in Mindstrong Health service offerings and other care recommendations to members.
- Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the Mindstrong Health Clinical Team and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the member's providers.
- Uphold company values and maintain a strong team dynamic including sharing your specific expertise with teammates.
- Provide feedback to cross-functional teams to inform the development and delivery of member/provider-facing products.
- Learn, test and incorporate new interventions and care pathways to improve outcomes, engagement or care delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or Licensed Psychologist (LP) with a minimum of 2 years providing care for patients with mental health needs.
- Familiarity, comfort and confidence with technology and start-up culture. **Tech- savviness is a must**
- Comfort and confidence navigating multiple applications such as Doxy.me, Google Suite, ZOOM, etc.
- Excess flexibility in dealing with changing demands and priorities of a start-up environment and the ability to handle ambiguity, change and highly fluid workflows.
- Strong clinical background with in-depth understanding of factors affecting patient outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with members with behavioral and mental health issues.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to pursue multiple priorities simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Maintain a strong sense of professionalism and maturity.
- Motivation and proactiveness, taking on additional responsibilities without being asked, and managing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Being licensed in multiple states is a plus!
- Experience working in community mental health and human services, case management, AOD, residential treatment settings, etc is a plus!
- Applicants being considered for hire must pass a scheduled background and drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
This job can be based anywhere US-based as long as you have a California license in good standing.
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing email@example.com