Principal Software Engineer
Mindstrong Mountain View, CA
- Posted: 23 days ago
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We're building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we're building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Principal Software Engineer role?
We are looking for a stellar and passionate Principal Software Engineer to develop new and modify existing microservices. You'll be working across multiple teams from platform engineers to designers and data scientists to support the redesign of our web and mobile apps to delight our users. Your work will support AI algorithms that employ human-computer interaction data to identify patterns of brain activity and predict the impact that different interventions have on neuropsychological function.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional company that is transforming how we diagnose and treat brain disorders affecting hundreds of millions of people globally by applying some of the most innovative techniques in artificial intelligence.
What you'll be doing:
- Solve business scope large problems. End-to-end responsibility for the technical direction and execution of 2+ squads/ Teams.
- Independently find root cause and fixes to more complex failures which spans multiple services and asynchronous communication
- Help lead the engineering team towards better architectural, system and database designs & practices around microservices patterns and async communication
- Decompose technical specs into tasks; size tasks, estimates, execution and implementation
- Work in collaboration with Data engineering and Data science and product teams
- Create REST based microservices and APIs to support mobile and web applications
- Contribute to developing a culture of testing, integration test, end to end test and quality within the team
- Collaborate with QA team in implementing and maintaining test automation
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies or services to maximize development efficiency
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of full-stack software engineering experience developing user-facing features and systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- Preferably fluent in TypeScript/Node.js
- Experience with service design patterns, multithreading, scalability and performance (required)
- Create REST based microservices and APIs to support mobile and web applications (required)
- Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- Working experience and end-to-end testing of microservices in an async messaging environment
- Experience with MongoDB, nosql technologies, time series database
- Cloud networking experience in AWS
- Experience with redis, elastic cache or any caching platform
- Experience with GraphQ, Kafka and Docker
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with cloud architectural patterns and microservices, message queues, container orchestration, etc.
- Experience developing and supporting production code
- Able to collaborate with appropriate resources to prepare design create technical design, slicing and sizing of new features and function
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering on tight schedule
- Values-Driven Culture. Our values are the fabric of how we operate day to day, guide us together, and keep us aimed at our mission.
- Remote work. We have an office in Mountain View – and if you live in the Bay Area we'd love to see you – but we are a remote first company! Our goal is to create a seamless remote work experience so you can work where you do your best work.
- Growth. We invest in both personal and professional growth of our employees because we feel that growth has a positive impact on both member outcomes and personal fulfillment.
- Healthcare Benefits. A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, and more!
- Wellness. Programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Self-Care. We take self-care seriously, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play.
- Flexible schedules. We're all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that. We work with our employees to make sure that they can work and take care of their lives.
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddressMountain View, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Mindstrong