Trade Show Specialist - Hybrid/Remote
Trade Show Specialist
This full-time hybrid/remote role will report to the Sr. Tradeshow Manager and will assist with various tradeshow related projects and initiatives. The position will work alongside Marketing, Communications, and Sales team members across all Mindray North America modalities – Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring, and Life Support. They will work closely with the Sr. Tradeshow Manager, Tradeshow Consultant, Marketing Coordinators, and the entire Corporate Communications team.
We are seeking a high-energy, multi-tasker to support an expanding tradeshow program of a leading medical device manufacturer. In this role, you will manage the logistics and arrangements for field team members to attend a large number of industry tradeshows, including lodging, registration, attendance, communications, expense tracking, and other logistical aspects. This digitally savvy individual will own the administrative and logistical elements of a 230+ tradeshow program, assisting with the management and execution of tradeshows and events under the mentorship and direction of the Sr. Tradeshow Manager. The Tradeshow Specialist may periodically provide on-site support for tradeshows and events, with estimated travel at 20-30%. At the direction of the Sr. Tradeshow Manager, this individual will build knowledge of Mindray North America’s wholistic tradeshow and events program, taking on expanded responsibility over time. This position requires a go-getter capable of integrating digital processes and procedures that can be easily replicated, bringing increased efficiency to the tradeshow program. There is a strong desire to build automation into the program and centralize information using SharePoint and other digital platforms. Additionally, we are searching for a candidate who possesses knowledge of emerging tradeshow technologies such as augmented reality, transparent and multi-screen applications, touchscreens, RFID, and more. The ideal candidate will be able to work east coast hours, 8:30-5:30 PM.
- Planning/Tracking (25%)
- Receive and track all local Tradeshow requests for Corporate Accounts, Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring, Life Support, and Distribution submitted via Salesforce. Monitor approvals and follow-up on incomplete documentation/information before handoff to the Tradeshow Team for planning.
- Help consolidate Mindray attendee lists for National Tradeshows as attendee lists evolve throughout the trade show planning process.
- Secure, modify, and confirm hotel reservations for event attendees (room block or individual reservations) and communicate all confirmations and updates directly with attendees. Serve as point of contact for all related correspondence.
- Manage exhibitor registrations and badges including registering, tracking, and payment. Serve as point of contact for all related correspondence.
- Assist in the management and execution of tasks for team dinners and customer events including researching venue options, presenting venue options and costs, working with the venue to create a menu, managing attendance, providing final headcount, processing payments, and other related activities.
- Assist with hotel arrangements when requested for international attendees and guests of Mindray.
- Assist in the completion of exhibit application/participation documentation for National Tradeshows with the guidance of Sr. Tradeshow Manager
2. Documentation (25%)
- Build tradeshow documentation including pre-show planning, preliminary, and final tradeshow overview documents for each National Tradeshow to include hotel confirmation details for all attendees and guests, as well as all show and event logistics. Update as appropriate and distribute to attendees.
- Prepare and maintain annual tradeshow and events calendar with all pertinent details included. Ensure the calendar is kept current and distributed on a regular basis.
- Determine the best way to streamline the documentation process. Ideally, all aspects of the process can be tracked and easily accessible by applicable team members (documentation should be able to be filtered from high-level to granular details).
3. Financial/Expenses (25%)
- Assist with maintaining budget/expense tracking (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Assist with making payments to associations and hotels.
- Contact vendors, exhibit houses, associations, hotels, and others to obtain required receipts.
- Match receipts and proper account coding for multiple credit card statements each month, which requires much investigating/tracking due to charges on-site, material handling, last-minute adjustments, etc.
- Upload receipts to SharePoint. Ensure all expense backup is available for month-end credit card reconciliation.
- Perform follow-up with accounting to make sure upcoming shows have been paid.
- Assist Sr. Tradeshow Manager in preparing expense reports in Concur.
- Work with Purchasing and Accounting departments to ensure timely payments to vendors, partners, venues, and associations.
General Responsibilities (25%)
- Respond to emails, and field phone calls, and assist on projects as needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by Sr. Tradeshow Manager.
- Attend tradeshows/events and provide on-site support to the tradeshow team, as needed.
- Help streamline tradeshow management process and digitize the current process, while ensuring the current process is being followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Hospitality Management
- 3-5 years of trade show/event management experience
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce, Microsoft 365/SharePoint, Pardot, Monday.com, or similar project management software
Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to work independently and a can-do attitude.
- Strong PC skills are required, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office365, project management, and proofing software(s)
- Understanding of and experience working in the healthcare space and tradeshow arena (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently on tasks/projects; excellent ability to follow through and see tasks to completion.
- Extremely meticulous with details
- Good sense of judgement as to when to seek advice and ask questions, and when to proceed as tasked without checking back.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under time pressure and manage a high level of activity.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize, pivot for frequent interruptions, and be flexible to last-minute changes.
- Strong organization and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Works well both independently and in team settings
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Overnight travel to tradeshows. (approx. 20%-30%) - seasonally heavy in the Fall
- Candidates must be based in the USA
- Work is generally performed within an office environment.
Mindray North AmericaMahwah, NJ
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Trade Show Specialist - Hybrid/Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.