Location: Granby, CT 06026
Duration: 1 Year
Work hours: 8-5 pm
The Store Planner is part of the Design Team, responsible for rolling out store concepts - provided by our clients' design teams - in schematic design packages for multiple brands and retail construction projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare schematic design packages for multiple retail locations, including floor and fixture plans, interior and storefront elevations for client's approval
- Review location documents including Tenant Design Criteria, Lease Construction Exhibit and local codes for incorporation in schematic design packages
- Produce store fixture take-offs
- Prepare Store Design Guideline packages incorporating design criteria and standards for the specific brand/client
- Prepare Fixture Books and Fixture catalogs incorporating fixture dimension, material specifications and functional characteristics for use by client, contractors and installers
- Produce Fixture Assembly instructions and Installation Bulletins
- Support Construction Project Managers and Store Planners during the planning and construction stage of the project on design/drawing related matters
- Provide scope of work, design intent, and design standards to Architects for the production of construction documents. to ensure adherence to client's requirements and minimize the impact of changes.
- Review construction documents produced by Architects for accuracy and compliance with Client's design guidelines.
- Review schematic design produced by other Client design teams overseas and provides feedback on compliance with US building codes and practices.
- Architecture or Interior Design degree or comparable experience
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Good problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Autocad and MS Office Word, Excel and Power Point
- Understanding of space planning principles and standard construction methods