Robotics Process Automation will greatly impact the business by creating automation to replace or enhance many manual, repetitive tasks that the business is currently performing and increase efficiencies and accuracy in many business processes. To help us get a jump start, we are looking for a resource with leadership experience and experience with starting an RPA program and development with various tools. We expect that this person would help establish a good start and help develop against several use cases. The selected resource will also help in the selection of a tool. The selected resource would also be responsible for training internal staff on best practices of Robotics Process Automation.
Job Duties and Essential Functions
· Serve as primary technical interface between programmers and management. Serve as technical advisor to management. Provide programming perspective on requirements.
· Coach, counsel, or train less-experienced staff, may also direct the work of others, may provide input in the performance management, goal setting and review processes.
· Plan, design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate complex software for functional areas. Analyze existing software or work to formulate logic for new complex systems and devices complex algorithms. Analyze the design and use of complex data sources.
· Monitor and employ source code control techniques and configuration management.
· Negotiate with stakeholders on the creation of software specifications.
· Perform complex data analysis and test/debug complex software.
· Apply highly complex programming security practices.
· Perform complex data modeling, performance and integration testing and builds interfaces for a variety of internal and external constituents.
· Develop and execute highly complex test plans and develop conversion and system implementation plans.
· Train users in conversion and implementation of system.
· Gather, analyze, prepare, and summarize recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
· Recommend and implement changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
· Understand and apply industry practices, architectural standards and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
· Interact with senior level internal personnel. May serve as technical lead for a software development project of moderate scope.
· Plan, execute, and develop operational dashboards using Application Performance Management tools (ex. CA APM).
· Java Enterprise Edition
· Service Oriented Application Architecture
· Application Packaging & Development
· Web Application Development Frameworks
· Systems Development Life Cycle
· Agile/Scrum Methods
· Spring Framework and Spring Modules
· Knowledge of both customer facing and back office batch automation processing using various tools (UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Power Automate) or other commercial robotic process tools and techniques.
Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrated ability in lead large development efforts, efficiently mentoring less experienced team members.
· Highly skilled in latest software technologies and demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt new technologies in short time and deliver effective solutions on time.
· Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation, and development, including object-oriented programming concepts.
· Demonstrated software repository skills, testing, and test planning skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop conversion & system implementation plans, understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs.
· Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Intermediate ability to effectively present technical topics to small and medium size technical groups. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of the organization.
· Thorough experience with common programming tools. Knowledge of Secure Software Development. This includes the ability to analyze business requirements, design automation solutions, and may include RPA tools (which may include building of BOTS to interact with existing systems to automate manual, time-consuming processes using appropriate tools.
· Demonstrated ability to created software specification, to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals and to follow software specifications, along with development of proof-of-concepts and demos for internal and external presentations.
· Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
· Advanced experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
· Works under broad supervision on priorities and short-term goals.
· 9 or more years of development experience
· HS Diploma/GED
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology OR related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years
· Highly advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
· Advanced experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums
· Advanced knowledge of secure software development
· Demonstrated broad problem-solving skills and software repository skills
· Knowledge or experience in Property & Casualty Insurance
· 3 successful RPA project that include successful implementation