Directs the customer project(s) and related project team activities in all capacities and serve as the primary contact for both internal and external customers, working closely with the Business Manager to support new initiatives and coordinate contract amendments. Serves as project leader for multiple, large volume and/or complex projects related to specified customer needs & ensure successful product transfers & company growth.
1. Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
2. Directs the project(s) and project teams ensuring all necessary activities occur as planned or are negotiated and agreed to by the customer. Coordinates scheduling of activities to meet customer demands and utilize expertise and experience to resolve issues. Identifies resource issues and utilize effective communication/leadership to ensure that satisfactory resolution occurs.
3. Maintains close contact with the client representative(s) through meetings, site visits, teleconferences, and other forums to ensure that issues are addressed and project timeline activities are met. Serves as primary contact and communication link between Company and customer.
4. Meets regularly with project team members and production staff to understand operations and issues as related to the project(s). Coordinates internal development activities necessary to ensure successful product transfers.
5. Negotiates project conflicts within the company and with the necessary customer contacts, ensuring resolutions that are amenable to both parties and/or informing management of potential risks & issues.
6. Completes all necessary project activity plans/reports accurately, in detail, and by the necessary time. Encourages support of Innate Project Management System throughout the project teams to ensure that necessary revenue and resource commitments are identified.
7. Plans for future customer activities and solicit other projects that are aligned with the company goals & objectives. Informs Marketing of potential revenue increases/losses related to the project and/or customer.
8. Prepares and presents project updates to executive and steering committees.
9. Oversees the activities of direct reports and provide opportunities to increase skills and perform other duties as assigned.
10. Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in either a scientific or production-related field is required.
Seven years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate a diversity of issues. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve team goals and expectations. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable. Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented. Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Effective time management and prioritization skills. Requires discretion and independent judgment.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed. Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.