THIS MUST BE ONSITE IN HARTFORD - PLEASE ENTER FULL TIME SALARY RANGE ON RESUME.
This position is a technical individual contributor role in the Knowledge Enablement Services (KES) team under Collaboration & Workspace Engineering (CWE) within Infrastructure & Cloud Services (ICS) division of CLIENT.
The KES team is responsible for all aspects of service management and product ownership for the following: Enterprise Content Management (IBM FileNet), Enterprise Search (MicroFocus IDOL), Document Composition (Oracle DocuMaker & Adobe Experience Manager), Lotus Notes Database Hosting Platform (IBM Domino & Lotus Notes), Web Content Management (OpenText – TeamSite, MediaBin), Intelligent Capture (Kofax Total Agility), & Collaboration (SharePoint).
The Senior Engineer will manage our Document Composition Service, which uses Oracle's Documaker product. It is a plus to have knowledge of and experience in Oracle Documaker but not required.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community. Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Would initially be expected to work on the following initiatives:
- Consulting with customers on service requests for the Document Composition.
- Assisting with and learning to lead provisioning efforts for the supported services
- Managing changes in support of customer service requests & infrastructure changes/patching
- Provide backup support for the supported services & systems
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in Technology is a must. Developing knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
- Looking for 3+ years of experience working in an IT Engineering capacity supporting systems running on Windows & Linux Server infrastructures.
- Expected to have hands-on experience with packaging, deployments, scripting, & source code management tools.
- Puppet packaging, Jenkins packaging, TADP/UCD deployments, SVN source code management, & MIRA configuration experience would be a plus.
- In addition, experience/knowledge with the following products would be a plus: Oracle DocuMaker & Adobe Experience Manager. LUA & PERL scripting experience would also be an asset.
- Should have some hands-on experience with project management and managing/coordinating changes for an enterprise sized IT system.