Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this role, the candidate will act as an agile coach leading one or more teams to be self-sufficient in the application of Agile and measuring the team(s) success before, during and after the coaching engagement. The coach must be able to assess the team(s) practices and lead the team(s) to more productive, fluent, agile practices.
The following are key responsibilities that may apply to one or more teams during the coaching engagement:
* Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership. Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset. Helps the team embrace Agile Core Values, adopt and apply Agile Principles, and implement Agile practices. * Supports the team rules. The rules of an Agile Team are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and the Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-in Quality practices from XP, WIP limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed to. * Facilitates the team's progress toward team goals. The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is constantly engaged in challenging the old norms of development in order to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity. Helps the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current PI Objectives. * Leads team efforts in relentless improvement. Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves. * Facilitates meetings. Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the daily stand-up, Iteration Planning, Team Demo, and Iteration Retrospective. * Supports the Product Owner. The Scrum Master supports the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope. * Eliminates impediments. Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration. * Promotes SAFe quality practices. SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done; the Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile Teams. * Builds a high-performing team. Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue. Helps individuals and teams through personnel changes. * Protects and communicates. Communicates with management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work. * Responsibilities on the Train. The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate as an effective "team on the train. * Coordinates with other teams. The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums meeting, and passes information from that meeting back to the team. Often coordinates with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture and Shared Services. * Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies. Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt. * Supports estimating. Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team and the ART estimate larger Features and Capabilities. * Knowledge of different feature and story estimating techniques. Ability to choose the correct method for the team to estimate stories. * Maintain and communicate key performance metrics and visual reports to promote transparency and accountability. * Understand the core principles of the Agile Manifesto and how to apply those in a regulated environment. * Apply conflict resolution techniques to keep internal and external conflicts do not impede the team(s) delivery
* A minimum of a Bachelors' Degree is required for this role. Manager did share though that she would prefer to see candidates with Masters' Degrees.
* It is expected the candidate has come from a general or specialist IT background. This is critical to the successful implementation of agile at the team level as well as supporting the team when they are behind.
* Manager is seeking candidates with 5+ years of experience in the role of a Scrum Master, 10+ years of industry experience.
* The following are the one or more additional responsibilities which may apply to the role to maintain delivery: o Understanding of source code management, both its application and usage o Understanding of coding practices, design and anti-patterns o The ability to apply logical, problem solving techniques o Able to create professional documentation / visuals / diagrams o Able to self-organize o Understanding DevOps and DevOps practices o Open to, and able to generate new ideas for problem resolution
Additional information from the manger:
* This is a Monday Friday position with working hours of 8:00 AM 5:00 PM. It is not expected at this time that this hire will need to work any overtime.
* When the manager is ready to interview she shared that she will be looking for two rounds of phone screens followed by an on-site interview.
Columbus,IN 47201 USA
Get fresh Agile Coach Contract jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Thanks for letting us know
Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
People Searching Agile Coach Contract Also Searched