Lead Montessori Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
Montessori Lead Guide Job Description
Montessori Trained/Certified Lead Teacher
Mindful Montessori, Beaverton, OR 97006
Our Mindful Montessori is a brand new women owned school located in Beaverton. With AMI/AMS certified teachers, dedicated educators (some with decades of experience).
Our Goal and Vision is to provide an authentic Montessori experience in an early
education setting serving mixed-age classrooms filled with carefully curated Montessori materials. We believe in the authentic Montessori Method which guides and supports the young minds toward the future, so they become innovative thinkers, good citizens, great leaders and become successful in all they do.
Mindful Montessori is committed to treating employees as a family. Let’s begin our
tradition of Montessori Family “You belong here” “Your Child's Journey to excellence”
Competitive pay rates based on your experience and education
● Competitive Childcare discount
● Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
● Paid time off those increases with seniority
● Medical, dental, vision options available
● Educational and Professional Development
● Health, dental and vision insurance for full time employees
● Benefits & Bonus on performance basis
● Full time and part time available
● Tuition Reimbursement
● Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center. AMI/AMS or Early
childhood education. Montessori Certification and/or Experience preferred
(MACTE required for Guide Positions)
● Bachelor’s degree in early childhood teaching, education, or a related discipline
● Associate Degree or comparable experience required for Lead Teacher Positions.
● Minimum year of experience in Lead role, with great idea of implementing
Montessori philosophy, curriculum, and techniques
● A strong commitment to Montessori method and philosophy
● Passionate about alternative education.
● An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
● Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
● The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love
● Excellent planning and organizational skills.
● A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
● Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the
● Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curriculum and methods
that cater to the needs of the individual child.
● Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children
feel safe and valued.
● Establishing rapport and building relationships with children and families.
● Follow all licensing guidelines and standards to ensure the daily care of every child.
● Develop your ability to accurately observe, assess, and plan for children, as well
as effectively communicate with families.
● Complete training that provides insight on childcare and development topics.
● Implement curriculum while creating fun, interactive learning experiences.
● A Montessori-certified Lead Teacher should provide and encourage a positive
learning environment for all children within the center
● Display a strong commitment to the Montessori method and philosophy
● Prepare the classroom environment daily to address the needs of the children
● Maintain a nurturing and patient demeanor to facilitate a calm and positive
● Document and share with parents the important milestones in a child’s day
● Collaborate with other passionate preschool teachers and leaders to implement
an engaging and developmentally appropriate curriculum
● Respect and observe children's interests. Intervene when needed to maintain
safety. Enhance children's play with language, toys, and activities
● Encourage and model social behavior and expectations which are
● Share ideas in planning a daily schedule which provides a balance of activities:
quiet/active, indoor/outdoor, fine/gross motor, etc.
We are looking for individuals that thrive working in a team environment within peaceful Montessori classrooms and looking for the opportunity to work with children and gently guide their interactions with their friends, environment, and the materials. Responsibilities include preparing activities for the children both in the classroom and outdoor environment, supervision of the children, conducting group activities, maintaining and fostering positive and constructive, developmentally focused interactions with the children and assisting in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Mindful Montessori LLC
EducationView all jobs at Mindful Montessori LLC