Retail Assistant Store Manager
- Posted: 22 days ago
Who We Are
Mind Games is North America's premier specialty retailer "Where Creative Minds Come to Play"! Our stores are chock full of traditional and contemporary boards games, pop culture collectibles, puzzles, educational and fun toys, and lots more. Whether it's the latest game for a board game night, your favorite Funko Pop, cool birthday gifts for your young nephew or a nice chess set for Uncle Harry we pretty much have something for everyone.
We are looking for outgoing and energetic candidates who are looking to part of our already amazing team.
We sell fun and need leaders that are knowledgeable in our products (current knowledge or extreme curiosity to learn) are able to achieve sales goals by creating great customer/employee experiences and able to maintain a visually compelling store.
Do you know who shot first, Han or Greedo? Is it â€œleviOsaâ€ or â€œlevioSAâ€? If you can answer these questions you may be the perfect fit.
What Youâ€™ll Be Doing
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results. Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ability to effectively teach/develop others to next level.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ability to multi task/ organizational skills
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and shrink programs
You Will Have
- Strong leadership skills
- Extremely Driven Individual with proven success in motivating and building strong teams.
- Operational excellence while exceeding guest expectations.
- Expertise includes shrink reduction, expense control, people development, merchandising strategies, differentiation, brand strategy and partnership creation.
- A passion for board games and pop culture as well as driving sales
- Proven ability to recruit/hire/train/coach a winning team
- Outgoing and Fun personality
- 2+ years management experience in a specialty retail environment
- Highly motivated
Whatâ€™s In It For You
- Competitive Pay
- Casual Dress
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Being surrounded by people and products you love!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?