As an Internal Auditor you will work collaboratively with Audit Seniors and Leads, and report to the Internal Audit Manager. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of assigned financial and operational audits as well as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance procedures. Internal Auditors assist in the identification of opportunities for operational and control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving performance. In this capacity, the Internal Auditor gains valuable process-level exposure to many areas within the Company’s global business. The Department assesses the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, the efficiency of operations and fraud risk factors. This critical independent appraisal function of the Company is entrusted with objectively examining, evaluating and reporting on the adequacy of internal control and the safeguarding of assets and to deter and investigate fraud thus contributing to the economic, efficient and effective use of resources and to reduce the potential risks faced by the Company. The Internal Audit Department reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and day to day reports directly to the CFO.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field OR Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or other Information Technology-related field.
- 1-3 years professional work experience.
- Experience in internal auditing or public accounting (Big 4 or equivalent) is preferred.
- CPA or working towards CPA required
- Business/operations/manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and data analytical audit tools (e.g. ACL) is a plus.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Assists with audit planning through process understandings, risk assessments, and scoping
- Performs financial and operational audits of the Company’s national and international by testing and documenting procedures
- Documents and communicates audit findings to Audit Leads and Managers, who will collaborate with the Internal Auditor on how to best communicate with key stakeholders.
- Partner with Audit Leads and Managers to effectively resolve issues identified through audits.
- Demonstrates some up to date expertise in audit processes and highly motivated to learn.
- Assists with drafting the audit report for assigned sections and audit findings.
- Partner with Lead Seniors to identify constructive and value-added solutions for management.
- Reviews process documentation and perform inquiries and test of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 for assigned controls.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.