Sales & Events Manager
Mina Group Honolulu, HI
- Expired: July 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT STRIPSTEAK Waikiki
A new genre of modern steakhouse, Chef Michael Mina has created a fun and innovative menu, bold in flavor and diverse in inspiration. A highly seasonal and ever-evolving menu reflects the best of local ingredients and global flavors. The freshest seafood is brought in daily for shellfish and raw bar selections, while Small Plates, Sushi & Salads, Entres and Sides round out the menu.
SALES & EVENTS MANAGER (includes but is not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned)
The Sales & Events Manager is a highly motivated, forward-thinking, creative minded leader that will support sales & event initiatives for StripSteak! This Leader is primarily responsible for actively partnering with various groups, clubs, agencies, and customers to increase sales and private dining events within both STRIPSTEAK. Event coordination, logistical leadership, and proactive communication with both restaurant leaders and outside contact is necessary. This is a full-time position with a commission plan and base salary that offers great earning opportunity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Solicit and promote special event business through building relationships and participating in networking events with local businesses, community organizations, surrounding hotels, and visitors bureaus.
- Oversee all restaurant sales and marketing activities, and promotion of the brand for general month to month growth in cover counts as it relates to private events, voucher programs, or sales promotions.
- Continuously audit sales plan for effectiveness and pivot as necessary to ensure restaurant success.
- Proactively maintain knowledge of competitive set and provide recommendations for sales/pricing strategies, service and product improvements to stay competitive.
- Responsible for achieving group dining/private dining room revenue budgets.
- Partner onsite leadership to develop successful sales, promotional, and private dining materials
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly reporting to leadership team on private dining sales
- Act as on-site contact to lead host and guests for private dining events, while maintaining effective communication with leadership team to ensure all requests are executed according to contract.
- Continually observe, direct and assist staff where necessary during the entire event. Ensure that all the details as per the functions sheet are performed.
- Lead the planning, organizing and documenting of all aspects of restaurant special events and private dining room sales through partnership with the chef, sommelier, and restaurant leadership. This includes creating personalized menus, wine selections, entertainment, purchasing, and staffing coordination.
- Participate in daily pre-Shift meetings as necessary, to proactively communicate any new sales initiatives and upcoming events to restaurant leadership and staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Lead and create guest appreciation and follow up process post events hosted.
- Participate in social media marketing to support private dining sales, brand awareness, and guest loyalty growth.
- Utilize various electronic sales and electronic tools including: Avero, Open Table, Venga, and Gather.
- Communicate regularly with marketing department regarding restaurant events and identify cost-effective ways to drive business.
- Attend weekly management meetings.
- Liaise between the MG Corporate marketing team, external agencies, and restaurant.
- Assist, as necessary, with on and off-site special events and photo shoots.
- Candide should possess at least three years experience in Group Sales Procurement for a, Meeting Planning, Convention & Visitors Bureau, Destination, Travel Management Company, Tourism focused business, or other hospitality related company
- Possess at least two years' experience in Event Management as it relates to the above requirements
- Possess a strong track record of successful new client development within Waikiki and similar markets
- Excellent Communication skills for in person, telephone and written
Stripsteak and Mina group are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas and experiences and will consider candidates with criminal histories in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws. Mina Group offers reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
BusinessView all jobs at Mina Group