Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 35 concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.
As the primary point of contact for guest interactions in the dining room, the Server is responsible for selling & serving food & beverages using their knowledge, hospitality and service skills. Must be pleasant, conscientious and professional with excellent knowledge of food & alcoholic beverage selections. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values of MINA GROUP and The Westin
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
- Maintains clean and organized work stations that are cohesive with the restaurant’s philosophy, culture and standards of excellence.
- Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
- Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-3 years of fine dining service experience. Knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least 4 years of restaurant experience and thorough knowledge of fine dining, service procedures, and functions.
- Cleanliness, organization and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
- Extensive wine and Beverage knowledge.
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and motivation to progress in a fine dining environment.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register POS system and Microsoft based computer systems.
- Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools.
- Responsive to constructive feedback from Chefs, Managers or staff.
The Mina Group and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers dedicated to non-discrimination in employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of AB 1008, California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and all other local, state and federal laws.