Mina Group San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Michelin Starred, Celebrity Chef, Michael Mina looking for Experienced Team Members for a New, Members Only Club and Events Space in the Ferry Building, Shack 15!
Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 40 concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: As the first point of contact for guest service, the Barista is responsible for selling, preparing and serving coffee, tea, beverages and food. Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries, cookies, and other menu/kitchen items.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of MG-SC, LLC and Mina Group.
- Is knowledgeable of and upholds the policies of MG-SC, LLC as it applies to conduct, expectations and procedures.
- Is expected to operate outlets at budgeted COGs as it applies to food and labor cost.
- Performs all aspects of position with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Represents MG-SC, LLC and Mina Group professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with all business partners.
- Collaborates with team to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice that is part of the decision making team.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Includes but is not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Welcomes guests by determining their coffee interests and needs by taking orders and responding to guest inquiries.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee/drink/food menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and espresso related drinks (hot or cold), food items, and small-ware coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee and espresso drinks.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies, etc. for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Delivers legendary customer or guest service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Previous barista experience required.
- Ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation.
- Must have complete knowledge of products and specifications that is outlined in the Coffee menu.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid food service certification card.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Chefs, guests and MG-SC, LLC & Mina Group Executives.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Barista to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Barista is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear. Frequently it is required to use hands and arms to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The Barista is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The Barista must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time and able to safely lift and easily maneuver items such as plates, product, and cases of water, wine or dry goods.
The Mina Group and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers dedicated to non-discrimination in employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of AB 1008, California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and all other local, state and federal laws.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Francisco, CA
FoodView all jobs at Mina Group