ReStore Assistant Manager - Franklin, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hourly / Non-Exempt, Tuesday - Saturday
Are you looking for meaningful and energizing work? A job where you feel connected to a mission and motivated to make a difference? Then you should consider a career with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity. As part of our engaged and passionate team, you'll help power our mission to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope. You would join a workplace that is inclusive, innovative, supportive, and so much more. Pretty awesome right? Join our team by applying today!
We are a nationally recognized non-profit organization that sells gently used furniture, appliances, building supplies and more, to raise funds for Milwaukee Habitat efforts to build safe and affordable housing in the City of Milwaukee. Habitat ReStore’s purchase is to generate revenue through the sale of donated, reclaimed and purchased building materials, appliances, furniture and tools to support the mission of Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity.
Habitat ReStore is searching for an Assistant Manager who is self-motivated, responsible, and is able ensure a great shopping, volunteer and donor experience. This position supports the store manager in managing the day to day operations of the store. Do you have prior retail or sales experience? Do you strive for excellence in everything you do? If this describes you, read further to see what it takes to be our next ReStore Assistant Manager.
Warehouse Donation Center
- Work alongside ReStore workers and volunteers to oversee warehouse donation center processing: donations, sold items, storage and scrap areas.
- Ensure the movement of donations by properly loading/unloading, cleaning and pricing for sales floor.
- Frequently and safely lift and maneuver furniture, appliances, and building material weighing 75 pounds or more.
- Oversee selection and pricing of collectible items in-store and on-line.
- Assist in increasing our recycling efforts.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse donation center.
- Help customers with merchandise, problem-solving, and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Ensure items are placed in the correct departments and merchandised appropriately.
- Oversee display and organization of showroom sales areas.
- Assist in analyzing sales. Review inventory profitability and needs.
- Assist in driving donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further mission.
- Monitor sold items and remove past-due items.
- Ensure customers are notified of sold items due for pick-up.
- Participate in efforts to attract and retain volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer orientation and appreciation activities.
- Experience leading and developing volunteers and associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Ensure all store policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with the reconciliation of bank deposits and cashiering as needed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Prior retail/resale experience required.
- Experience working with volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to rapid changes and unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Takes initiative, attention to detail, professional demeanor.
- Basic computer skills, including Gmail, Google applications, and Microsoft Office.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward or tiring positions; most of the time spent standing or walking.
- Retail bonus
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k retirement plan + employer contribution
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Casual dress attire
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity affirms its social and legal commitment to promote an atmosphere and environment that recognizes the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity. Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
RetailView all jobs at Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity