Festival Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to be part of an organization whose goal is to make our community a more compassionate and equitable place for everyone to live by enriching, entertaining, educating, and engaging others through film? If so, we’d like to harness your expertise in operations in a seasonal role on our Festival operations team. Your schedule will ebb and flow generally between 25-40+ hours/week from January 30-May 19, 2023, depending on the proximity of the timeline to the start of our annual Milwaukee Film Festival which will run from April 20 - May 4, 2023.
The Festival Operations Manager directly supports the Chief Operating Officer with areas related to the operation of the Milwaukee Film Festival. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a strong orientation toward professionalism, discretion, and good judgment. The pay is $17.50 per hour and you’re required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, including booster, by the time you start working.
As a perk of the job, you’ll receive a complimentary admission for two to a screening at the Oriental Theatre (including free popcorn!) as well as a staff pass for the 2023 Milwaukee Film Festival. Best of all, you’ll be supporting an organization dedicated to convening our diverse community and catalyzing positive change. If you have a superb customer service mindset, a calm and steady demeanor, and can travel between multiple venues around the city including nights and weekends, especially during the festival, please consider applying to become part of our festival team.
Scope and Summary
The Festival Operations Manager is a part-time, seasonal position for the period January 30-May 19, 2023. The Manager directly supports the Chief Operating Officer with areas related to the operation of the Milwaukee Film Festival.
● Lead on pre-festival tasks, such as assembling training packets, preparing cinema venue materials and supply bins, and developing festival colorgrids
● Oversee hiring and scheduling of festival Assistant Theater Managers
● Assist with other at-fest seasonal hires as needed
● Oversee daily festival operations including managing seasonal staff teams and schedule coverage
● Assist with preparation for and execution of pre-festival all-staff orientation
● Assist COO with running daily staff meetings
● Write a detailed wrap report at the end of the festival
● Other duties as assigned
● Experience with team management preferred
● Previous experience with film festivals or large scale events preferred
● Enthusiasm for our festival and dedication to providing great customer service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must be a detail oriented thinker paired with deep analytical and problem solving skills using judgment that is consistent with Milwaukee Film’s standards, practices, policies and procedures and
government regulation, compliance or law
● Past experience successfully managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously with competing deadlines
● Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
● Must be a dynamic, resourceful, authentic, level-headed professional with the confidence to express a strong point of view and provide honest feedback, and who can work collaboratively to drive the best results for, ultimately, our patrons and artists
● High level of personal integrity
● Adept with Microsoft Office, Google and various other digital communications channels
Work Relationships & Scope
Reports to Chief Operating Officer. Frequent interaction with other members of the Operations team. Secures the input or approval of the Chief Operating Officer in making decisions when answers are not clear and further guidance or input is needed.
Get fresh Festival Organizer jobs daily straight to your inbox!